Certifiable Soulmates

Not much happened between my mother's last visit and February 3rd. We spent our 'honeymoon' mostly working on our projects. Andy had to go to interviews to talk about his newest album and the inevitable upcoming tour. He tried avoiding questions about our relationship because he respected my privacy. And I really appreciated that. However, he did mention my upcoming gallery exhibition at every one of the many interviews, which resulted in me receiving many calls from potential customers, inquiring if I was taking any commissions. I've never had this kind of recognition before, and it felt nice. Though I would've preferred gaining a wider clientele on my own, this was a tough market to break into. Sure, his good word helped me get ahead but I still fully believe that I have the skills to be where I am. I've always been a serial self-doubter, but I've never doubted my artistic talent.

Even though we were both really busy during our first week as newlyweds, we had a deal: no work after 5 PM. That way, we got to spend our afternoons and evenings together. Sometimes we slept over at my place, and sometimes we spent our nights at his. But we were always together. And I loved that.

When I started going back to work at the company, our time together took a slight hit. After work, I always had to go to my studio to work on my side projects, which meant that we mostly just spent our nights together. It sounds sad, I know, but luckily, Andy and I also had lunch together every day.

We both made sure to cancel all else on our 'anniversary' because we really wanted and needed that time together.

When the day finally arrived, I was giddy all afternoon. It felt like I was getting ready for a first date with my crush. I showered and shaved and washed my hair. I listened to Black Veil Brides (oopsie) over my earphones while drying my hair. Andy was at his own apartment, so you can't blame a ma'am for missing her husband's deep voice. When my hair was dry, I put it up in a messy bun. Then I put on black eyeliner and mascara. I decided to go with a matte brown lipstick.

"Now, what to wear? He definitely deserves to see the hottest Sophie..." I muttered under my breath as I skimmed through my clothing. I found what I was looking for: a tight knee-length dress with long see-through sleeves. It was black and backless. I checked myself out in my full-body mirror, liking what I saw (hehe). I couldn't decide if I liked my hair up or if I preferred it down. I released it from the constraints of my scrunchie. "Just decide, woman," I rolled my eyes at my reflection. "What did we say about rolling your eyes, miss Williams?" Andy's voice rang through my head. An involuntary smile appeared on my lips. "Ugh, okay," I said, pulling my hair up again. I let a few strands fall freely on each side of my face and put the rest in a bun again. "Cute," I smiled.

After I was finally done with the hair, I put on my black stilettos.

Biersnack: Here's Andy

I chuckled at his reference to "The Shining".

I locked the door and went downstairs. My heart skipped a beat or two when I saw him leaning on his car in a white dress shirt and black tuxedo pants that fit him perfectly (with three buttons of the shirt undone!!!!), holding a bouquet of blood-red roses.

"These are for you, my dearest," he whispered in my ear, kissing my cheek.

"They're gorgeous," I grinned.

"No, you," he winked.

"Smooth," I chuckled.

"After you," he said, holding the passenger door open for me.

"What a gentleman," I said.

"Why, of course," he said, closing the door for me.

He sat behind the wheel and rolled up his sleeves. I swear I stopped breathing for a second there...