You Remember My Birth Month

When I came to work on Monday, the receptionist stopped me on my way to the office. She handed me a bouquet of red and black roses, saying that they came for me earlier. I gave her a confused look and she shrugged, saying: "Maybe you have a secret admirer, Miss Williams."

"I guess. Thanks," I said, taking them from her. I found a little note attached to them. ' Saw these and thought of you. Don't roll your eyes, Williams.'

Of course, who else than him? I smiled like an idiot at the thought of him. The memories of our weekend together only made my smile widen.

"I hope I'm the reason behind that smile," I heard him say when I entered my office.

"Jesus Christ, dude, don't you have one of those little things called A JOB?" I said, startled.

"Well, it just so happens that my job brought me here."

"Oh yeah? What for?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, I was feeling uninspired... So, I had to make the difficult decision to come here and see my muse."

"You think you're so smooth, huh?" I asked, trying to stay serious.

"I know that I am." He said, walking toward me. He snaked one of his arms around my waist, with the other pressed to the back of my neck. He backed me up all the way to my closed office door. I looked up at him, wondering how the hell I got so lucky. He leaned down and our lips connected. I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

"Good morning, by the way," he said when we broke our contact.

"Morning," I smiled, walking past him to my chair. I put my flowers in a vase, which I filled with water from a bottle I had in my handbag.

"Do you like the flowers? I didn't know which kind you like best..."

"They're absolutely perfect. And for your information, I didn't roll my eyes."

"I highly doubt that," he said, leaning on my wall.

"You can stay here if you want, but I have to start working. I have a deadline for three things in the next couple of days," I told him.

"Nah, I just wanted to see you. I'll leave, don't worry. But I'll pick you up for lunch at noon. Deal?" He asked.

"Deal. See you then, Mr. Biersack."

"See you later, Miss Williams."

I got to work the second he left. There wasn't much left to do on any of the three projects. Just details. But everything had to be perfect.

I was disturbed around 11 by a commotion outside my door. I got up to see what was happening.

When I opened the door, I saw Kelly, one of my co-workers, crying her eyes out and begging Mr. Wayne not to fire her.

What?

"Please, Mr. Wayne. It won't happen again. I'm so sorry!" She spoke.

"We have strict rules here, Miss Winters. What you did is absolutely unforgivable. I will not have my employees sleeping with half their clientele. Imagine what would happen if the press got wind of this! We would be ruined! I wish you all the best on your future employment. And try not to sleep with your clients there. Good day," he said and turned on his heel.

What the actual fuck?

"Did you see that?" Lana, another co-worker asked me.

"Y-yeah," I said, kind of shocked.

"Mr. Wayne overheard her bragging to the receptionist about sleeping with several of her clients," she told me in a hushed tone.

"Oh crap," I said.