Storms

Matthew 8:23-27

Matthew 8:23-27

23 And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.

24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.

25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.

26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

Sometimes storms arise in our lives and it can be difficult to hold on. It can be difficult to trust God because we are so focused on the storm that we lose sight of God. The word says thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee (Isaiah 26:3). In the storm we have to keep our eyes, our mind, our focus on God. We have to trust and keep the faith that God is able to see us through it holding onto the fact that if it's in His will that he will deliver us. We also hold onto the fact that He's right there with us during the storm because the word says "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." (Joshua 1:9)

Whatever storm that we go through, Whatever difficulties that may arise in life. Be steadfast. Don't waver. (don't allow the enemy, or your flesh, or anyone, or anything to turn you away from God). Trust him. Have faith. I get a little afraid at times (just being honest) and God tells us many times to fear not. (Still reminding myself of this for God does not give us the spirit of fear but of power, of love, and a sound mind). All in all, God never said this walk would be easy but he did promise that He is with us alway even until the end of the world. We have to trust His Word and know that there is no storm or problem too big for God to handle.

(Referencing the verses above from Matthew 8:23- 27). Just as the disciples had Jesus on board the ship back then when that greatest tempest arose on the sea in so much that the ship was covered with waves; we have Jesus on board in our lives today. Just as Jesus rebuked the winds and the sea for the disciples and there was a great calm, He can do the same thing for you and me today! For our God is strong and mighty and there is none beside him! Even the winds and the sea obey him! What a God!

I pray, you pray, we all pray that we keep faith in God during the storm and in our everyday living and remember that if God be for you? Who can be against you?

I want you to know that there will come a time when we no longer have to worry about storms, or pain, or hurt because Jesus will return and when he does we shall be with him forever. Keep remaining anchored in Christ, continue to walk in the Spirit. For God did not leave us comfortless here, he sent the comforter the Holy Ghost and if you have it then your soul is anchored in Christ. Don't allow any storm, the enemy, or any person or situation to cause you to become unanchored.

(If you don't have the Holy Ghost. You can get it, it's a gift offered to you. Repent which means to change one's mind. Turn from that old way of living. From your ways and turn to Christ. If God is calling you better yet drawing you, answer the call. Accept and believe in Jesus Christ today as Lord to the glory of God the Father, the Lord is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But some will be perish that's why the word says should, those who do not repent and do not accept Christ as their Lord they have an end that is different than one that is saved. For Christ is Lord and Savior to the glory of God the Father). If you are sincere with your repentance and you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thine heart that God have raised him from the dead thou shalt be saved).

May God bless you all.