The Day of Battle

Proverbs 21:31

Proverbs 21:31

31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: But safety is of the LORD.

Our battle in this world is spiritual. Your day of battle may be different than my day of battle, but I know that scripture says, Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. (2 Timothy 3:12). We are going to experience persecution in this world ( persecution meaning ill-treatment), people may talk about us, mock us, hate us, hurt us with words, and some are even, martyred (physically killed, suffering greatly for their belief in Christ).

But Matthew 10:28 says (And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell).

We shouldn't fear what man can do unto us. They can hurt us with words, they can hate us, they can even kill us, but good GOD ALMIGHTY,  they cannot destroy our soul! They may hurt this physical body , but they cannot touch our soul for it belongs to God. Scripture tells us in Ezekiel 18:4 ( Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die). All souls belong to God and He determines where that soul will spend eternity.

When trouble or persecution comes, we need to keep the faith. We need to put on the whole armour of God during this battle, for we are not wrestling against flesh and blood. This is a spiritual battle that requires a spiritual fight, and safety (deliverance) is of the LORD. We don't put trust in ourselves, we don't put trust in man, but we trust in the one true living GOD. He will fight our battles for us. We just have to rely on him.

Deuteronomy 20:4 (For the Lord your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.)

I pray, you pray, we all pray that God helps us with any battle that comes our way. That He helps us continue in the faith. If it be His will, may he give us the victory. In Jesus name amen.