Part 5

Aris started to visit you more often, and thankfully, it wasn't because he got injured, he had only been there a few days, but you too clicked immediately, you really enjoyed having him around, and he seemed attracted to you, which you didn't mind, AT ALL.
"Hey Y/n!" Aris said, walking into your hut, smiling widely. "Hey Aris! What are you up to?" You say, putting some bandages away. "What are you doing?" He says, walking up to you, and watching you closely. "Just putting some stuff away. Why? What's up?" You say, turning to look at him. He sighs. "Well....I heard Janice, the Keeper of the Runners, she was talking about you....but as if she really knew you, I guess I'm just confused." He says, and you gulp, a flood of painful memories coming back. "Oh...yeah...." You say, going back to organizing the medicices. "You were a runner, weren't you?" He whispers, you look at him, tears starting to fall down your cheeks. "I really don't want to talk about it, Aris." You say, your voice starting to crack.Arris goes up to you and starts to rub your back, and he looks at you with concern on his face.'Y/n, Are you ok?" he says, and you just sigh. "No Aris, but like I said, I don't want to talk about it." You say, more harshly than you meant to. "But Y/n...." He says. "JUST LEAVE IT ALONE ARIS!" you snap, and he backs up. You sigh. "I'm sorry....just please...." You say, looking away. "I'm going to leave now." He says gently, and walks out. The rest of the day, you feel guilty. Later that night, you go to Aris' bed, and wake him up. "Shh." You say, and he gives you a puzzled look, but followers you anyway. You take him to the woods and he looks at you, confused. "Why did you wake me Up Y/n?" He asks lightly. You sigh. "Because I wanted to apologize about earlier." You say, crossing your arms. "Couldn't you have-" he starts to say, but you don't let him finish. "I also wanted to talk to you about something." you say, gulping. "What is it?" He says, you look at the ground, then back up at him. "I want to tell you about me being a Runner." You say, sitting on the soft grass, preparing yourself for the memories that still haunted your sleep.