Once upon a-wait a minute

A long, long time ago, a kingdom lived in peace...

A match is struck, lighting up to show a scroll on a table, tied to a pink bow. The bow unravels and the scroll rolls open to reveal its secrets.

believing they had nothing to fear. But lurking in the shadows... was a great and terrible evil.

In the scroll, many people are enjoying their life with smiles on their faces, and a girl wanders into a forest, not noticing the many eyes that stare at her before it's too late. A dragon breathes fire onto a village.

The monster attacked without warning, laying waste to everything and everyone in its path.

Many villagers attempt to flee with shrill screams, many were unlucky with this escape.

But in the darkest hour, a hero rose up.

A blonde woman shows up, holding out a sword that matched her golden locks with a face that held no sign of fear. She stands tall in her armor, her feet steady.

Her name was Gloreth.

"Go back to the shadows from whence you came!" Gloreth commands and pierces the heart of the beast, slaying the creature. The creature wails in pain before disappearing, as if it was never there in the first place.

Gloreth vowed that her people would never be vulnerable again. So she trained an elite force of knights and decreed that their descendants would protect the kingdom for years to come. As she made her kingdom stronger, she also decided to rule out one more group that could harm her people, the witches. The magic users were furious about being cast away, but the head witch, the queen as some would call her, accepted this. And to leave on good terms, the queen witch gifted her something valuable... the thorn potion. Not many things can kill a witch and the few that could be hidden well from non-magic users.

The witch told Gloreth that this potion could kill any witch, even her, all it needed was to be doused on a blade. But the potion had one use. While Gloreth was grateful for the kindness she was shown for her cruel decision, the witch was still escorted out, effectively banning witches. While Gloreth had reasons to doubt the queen witch, she knew the witch was honest as can be, as if she was cursed, to tell the truth. Knowing the harm this potion can do, Gloreth hid the potion where only she and the people she trusted know, and her kingdom became strong, able to ward off monsters.

But if you want a happily ever after, you can never let your guard down because the monsters are always out there.

The light flickers then vanishes completely, the only thing seen is a pair of white glowing eyes fading into the darkness. Along with that, a new voice is heard cackling, sending a chill up anyone's spine. The voice sighs before saying one thing. "So keep an eye out for them, less you wish to be harmed, either physically or emotionally, for the cruelest monsters have the harshest words."

(A little summer project, if you will. All other book will be continued once school begins.)