Confession

Nimona slams the door open, baring her teeth as she stomps in with Y/n and Bal following behind with worry. "Are you okay?" Bal asks, only to be met with a harsh tone. "I don't wanna talk about it."

Y/n presses on, taking a few steps forward. "We know something's wrong." This makes Nimona more angry. 

"I said I don't wanna talk about it!" She spares the two a glance over her shoulder but keeps walking. Bal doesn't stop at this. "Hey, we're just trying to help."

Nimona snaps at this and flips the table. "I don't need your help!" As the furniture piece crashes onto the floor and other things, the punk pants heavily, and the want to cause more destruction eats at her. "Did you see how they looked at me? Little kids. They grow up believing they can be a hero if they drive a sword into the heart of anything different."

Bal looks down in guilt, remembering he had the same mentality as he trained to be a knight. He believes he has no right to talk about it so freely. Y/n took a few steps to Nimona, raising her hands slowly.

The punk in pink sharpy turns around, jabbing two fingers to her chest with eyes pricking from her eyes. "And I'm the monster?" Bal's eyes widen and his heart breaks at the sight. Y/n cups her hands over her mouth, holding back the words she wants to say.

Nimona turns her back to them and hugs herself. I don't know what's scarier. The fact that everyone in this kingdom wants to run a sword through my heart... or that sometimes" She takes a beat, mustering up all she can to reveal her self-harming thoughts. "I just wanna let 'em."

Bal shakes off his guilt, letting the rush of panic and determination take over. "I gotta get you two out of here." He looks around the room to bring with them. "We'll go over the wall. We won't stop until we find someplace safe."

Y/n nods at this and goes to her potion station. "Yeah, we'll go together." The last word makes Nimona perk up and watch the knight and witch packing many things. Bal is quick to go on. "Listen, you were right about everything. The Institution, the wall...Ambrosius." His shoulder slacks at the thought of the man. His heart started to ache badly as the idea that they might never talk to each other the way they used to make him want to disappear. "No matter what we do, we can't change the way people see us."

Nimona takes a moment to think her next words, not moving from her spot. "You changed the way you see me." Bal lights up and looks around in thought, understanding what she means.

Nimona was a bit nervous by the silence and asked for confirmation. "Didn't you?"

Bal turns his head to look at the girl, the tips of his lips rising, getting Nimona excited. "We can't let the director get away with this. We shouldn't have to run. She walks closer to the knight. "And you made a deal, right? We clear name, you make me your sidekick and I take her on a date." She tilts her head where y/n went off to. "You can't back out of our deal because truth and honor and blah, blah, blah. All that stupid stuff."

Bal chuckles at this, rubbing his chin. "Truth and honor aren't stupid, but all right." Nimona tilts her head, holding her hands behind her back. "So, you got a plan?"

Bal smirks and pick up a piece of paper. "Course I got a plan." He looks at it with a hint of evil in his grin as he shows the punk. "Something, something, something..."

Nimona glances at the paper, and her evil grin is back as she takes the paper and goes to the murder wall. "We win." She pulls a dagger from the wall and sticks a picture of the director over Ambrosius where she is labeled as nemesis.

With the director, she closely examines the videos and pictures focused on Nimona, with Iris and Mandy beside the woman. The doors to her office slam open, and Ambrosius stomps in. "We need to talk!" He barks, a hateful scowl creasing on his face. "Alone." His eyes land on Iris and Mandy. "With you two, as well."