Interrogation

The stuttering car glides down under a bridge the only illumination is the lit-up signs of the surrounding buildings. Nimona shifts back into her main form and skips out of the car, smirking smugly. "Oh! Yep. I like it. We're gonna shake this dude down in this sketchy part of town."

Bal gets out of the car and slouches, a bit tired of all that happened. "Look, let's just question the squire and get out- your leg!" He stops his talking with wide eyes, his body straightens up, and his finger points right at the girl. 

Y/n slips out of the car, holding her head that was pounding in pain from all the jolting around. She peeks one eye open to the duo, and they both snap open while she put her hands over her mouth and nose. Nimona notices the reaction and is a bit confused. "Huh?"

Bal's panic sets in and he bends down and holds his arms out to the punk's leg. "There's an arrow in your leg!" She turns her lug to have her toes touch the ground to take a look at the shimmering weapon in her limb. "Oh." She stumbles a bit when her hand is pulled by y/n and is rested on a bench. Nimona goes to refuse any help, but Bal speaks over the girl. "You're bleeding, sit."

Y/n sits by Nimona and holds her hand as Bal kneels. "We're just gonna take a look, okay?" He slowly touches the arrow, and blood squirts out, making the knight let go and lean away. "Yah! Okay. Okay. Okay. That's-It's-That's in there." He lightly pats Nimona's shoulder while y/n's grip tightens. "Uh, everything's fine. "We're just gonna... we're gonna do this on three." He takes a deep breath as Nimona keeps an eye on the man while placing a hand on top of y/n's, giving a tiny nod.

Bal carefully grips the arrow, looking right at Nimona. "You ready?" His eyes shift to the girls and the arrow. "One, two, three." He pulls the arrow out, bracing to hear the cries in pain, only to be met with Nimona giving a blank stare with y/n wincing at the sharp object. Bal quickly reacts out of confusion. "Okay, most people scream at that part." Nimona neither frowns nor smiles at this. "I'm not a people." She simply says.

"Does... does it hurt?" Y/n asks, trying to get a peek at the injury, ready to help however she can. Nimona places her head on the witch's shoulder. "It does. But I've been through worse." Silence fills the air for just a second before Bal speaks up again. "What does it feel like?" Nimona shrugs at this. "Pretty stabby in my leg region."

Bal and y/n laugh like this, making the knight rephrase her words. "No. No. The shape shifting. Does it hurt, or does it-" He stops as he notices a hint of sadness in the pinkette. He sighs and shakes his head. "Sorry. Small-minded question." He takes off a dark piece of cloth and uses the material to wrap around the injury on her leg. "Hold still." He finishes tying the piece in time for y/n to summon the same potion she gave Bal and hand it to Nimona.

After taking a sip of the concoction, she sighs. "Honestly? I feel worse when I don't do it. Like my insides are itchy. You know that second right before you sneeze?" She starts to smile. A genuine smile. She felt good telling someone about it with no judgment. "That's close to it. Then I shape-shift, and I'm free." She looks at y/n, interlocking their fingers together as she looks up."

Bal has a thought and speaks up about it. "What if you held it in? If you didn't shape-shift?" Nimona winces at the question. "I'd die." Bal is taken aback by this. "Good Gloreth, that's horrible!" The girls laugh at this, both soft. Nimona softly punches the knight's shoulder. "Don't be so gullible. I wouldn't die die. I just sure wouldn't be living."

Bal chuckles at this before another thought comes to him. "Do witches have that feeling, too?" He asks y/n, who nods. "A bit... but it's more like an energy that needs to be let out. It can become destructive when our want gets stronger. It's like holding in your emotions, needing to have control of it."