Let's break some stuff

As Bal lurks down an alley, Nimona reaches the man. "Look, boss, you got betrayed by someone you trusted. I get it. It sucks. But we did it. You're innocent, and we have the proof. Once we upload that video-" She gets interrupted by the knight.

"We're not." Nimona sets y/n down and keeps following the man. "What?! Everybody needs to know the truth! The system is jacked, the Institute needs to shut down!" Bal pulls Nimona, who pulls y/n, to a wall beside them. "Will you be quiet?!" He whispers as a car drives by them. "Prospective target. Clear on Avenue Three. Over."

"I will not be quiet about this." Nimona huffs, jutting her chin up in confidence. Bl looks over at Nimona, his voice soft. "This video could damage people's faith in the Institute." Nimona is quick to exaggerate her reaction. "No duh!"

Bal turns over to Nimona frustration growing in him. "Look, I don't know what she framed me, but the Institute's not the problem. The Director is." He checks to make sure the coast is clear before going on. "That's why I'm taking this to Ambrosius."

"Who" Nimona starts and Bal is about to repeat before the punk finishes. "Cares?!" Bal groans and continues as she goes on, holding y/n's hand. "This is the man who cut off your arm. "Arm chopping is not a love language!" She shouts angrily. Bal stops in his tracks and sharply turns to look at the girl. "He didn't cut off my arm, he disarmed a weapon." He looks ahead at the statue of Gloreth. "It's how we were trained."

Nimona stares at Bal with wide eyes. "Wow... they brainwashed you good." She snaps back to her angry self. "You think this stops with the Director?! You should be questioning everything right now! The will of Gloreth, the Institute, the wall. What's it all really for?"

Bal turns to Nimona, his tone firm. "For protecting the realm." Nimona crosses her arms. "You mean from villains like you and her?" His face falls to a look of sadness and desperation. "Or monsters... like me?" 

Ba's face gives away his realization, making him see that Nimona was right, his eyes look over to y/n. She was tired, it was evident by the bags under her eyes. She should go home, but in order to do that, he has to bring justice. "Look, if we get this to Ambrosius, everything is gonna be okay." He smiles softly, watching the girls carefully. "For all of us." He turns back to his path, his eyes furrowed.

With a sigh, Nimona follows the man, and her smirk returns. "Okay, fine. But when things go south, I'm breaking stuff. You in, lovely?" She turns to y/n who shrugs. "Maybe. I really wanna check out those weapons they have. I'm interested in the amount of damage they can do." With a salute, Nimona promises. "I'll get you as many and I can carry as a gorilla."

"That won't be necessary," Bal tells the girls as he goes faster with the girls laughing. 

As the floating cars go on to their location, one that contains Ambrosius and the Director notices a board of young Bal being painted over, but the woman also notices the sadness from the man as he stares at the shrinking sight. Beside them, Iris with the director, and Mandy with Ambrosius "Is something on your mind, Ambrosius?" The man stays quiet, looking at the floor of the vehicle. The woman offers a smile. "You can talk to me."

The man sighs and speaks up. "My mind? I've lost my mind. I've lost everything. The man I love, my best friend. Although he's got two best friends. What's that about? What else is he hiding? Who is the real him? Who am I? A direct descendant of Gloreth? I never asked for that. Now everyone expects me to arrest Ballister. If I don't, I'm a traitor to you. If I do, I'm a traitor to him. And I have to arrest this kid he and I liked, heck, I would've loved to be friends with her. Oh, and on top of that, I chopped off his arm! His arm! Who chops off an arm?! Because I was trained to?! Arm chopping is not a love langua-"