The bargaining

Bal's eyes slowly open, his vision slowly becoming clearer to show a worn-down roof with a hole revealing the night sky. With a sigh, he moves his head slowly to see that he's on a couch. He then turns to see a few lit candles and a mug with a nice smell from the hot drink inside.

Bal doesn't take concern at this and closes his eyes with a small smile, thinking that this is a normal day. Suddenly, a clatter of metal causes his eyes to snap open. He cautiously sits up and looks over the back of the seat to see Nimona in the kitchen, dancing along to whatever is playing in her headphones. While she's muttering whatever song is playing. Y/n walks in, sipping from a cup while handing Nimona one, who takes it and downs it all, not seeing Y/n ready to stop her.

Nimona smirks at y/n and jolts the pan up, sending the food on it flying over her. With ease, she catches it all on the pan turning around. She notices Bal staring at them and smiles. "Ah, hey boss!"  She greets as she pours the food into the taco shell. She pauses the music as she and y/n approach the confused night. "How long was I out for?"

Nimona sighs and lays an arm on the back of the couch, looking downcast. "Fifteen years." A sudden flash of lightning fills the room, making the girl's eyes go white and her shark-like teeth showing, but Bal ignores the sight. "Fifteen years?!" He asks, hoping he heard wrong. Y/n smacks Nimona's shoulder lightly with a glare. "Don't believe her, it was only for a few hours." Nimona chuckles before pulling up a tray. "Breakfast tacos?" She asks and hands them out to each person. Bal rubs his head. "Wait. Wait. The last thing I remember, we were in a supply closet. And no... how did we get here?"

Nimona looks up in thought, crossing her arms. "I dragged you for a bit till beautiful here used some magic to float you." Bal leaned forward a bit. "What happened?" He asks and Nimona rests her head on her arms. "Your head bounced on the sidewalk a couple of times." Bal stares at his hands in confusion. "It's all so foggy."

Nimona smirks and winks at y/n before hopping onto the couch. "Really? You thanked me, said you'd forever be in my debt, and that we'd always be best friends." She shows a picture of pulling the corner of Bal's lips with her thumb while smiling into the camera.

Bal looks at Nimona with an unconvinced look, and the punk quickly picks up on it. She flicks the picture away. "Totally happened." She then smiles and hops off the couch. "Hey, I spruced up the lair. I arranged the weapons in order of deadliness, unchildproofed the place, opened the poisons laying around, pulled some rusty nails one centimeter out of the floorboards, and set up the witch station for our little magic user. Overall, just made it more evil lair-y in here." She picks up a mace and put it over her shoulder. She then gasps in realization and grins madly. "Evil Larry. That's a great villain name. You should change your name."

"Never gonna happen." Bal retorts with a tired expression on his face. This makes Nimona frown. "Whatever, Larry." She sighs and slams the mace into the table and grabs a hook hanging on the ceiling to glide to a certain spot. "And I updated your murder wall. She kicks the wall to turn the lights on, but a picture falls. She picks it up, dusts it, and put it back on the wall as Bal and y/n walk to it. 

"Is this what you didn't want me to see?" Y/n asks, and Nimona nods enthusiastically. "Plus, I drew up plans for revenge, torment, and good old general malfeasance." Bal looks back at the pictures she drew and something clicks in his head. "Rhinoceros." He slowly turns his head to look at the pinkette. Nimona notices this right away. "You looked freaked." She points at him accusingly. "You promised you'd hold it together."

Bal gets in front of y/n and goes to his waist. "You're not human." Y/n quickly grabs his wrist and gets in front. "Sir Ballister, it's all right. She does not mean harm. If she did, she would've done something to you whilst you were asleep." Bal keeps an eye on Nimona as the girl folds her arms. "She's a mo-"