A happy ending

Bal looks out the barrier of the wall into the realm, the damage from the incident slowly but surely being fixed, and shining proudly under the sunlight. The destroyed part of the wall is now built in a more stable structure as cars and brooms fly in and out like a stream.

Some of us don't get the happily ever after we were looking for. Maybe it's not that kind of kingdom. Or maybe it's not the end of the story.

He looks behind him to see many people having a good time. He notices a female knight coming onto a male witch, who chuckles at the woman blushing while fumbling over her words. 

Bal chuckles at this until he feels a hug holding him from the side. He turns to see Ambrosius and chuckles at this with his lover, the two sharing a passionate kiss. They pull their lips apart and put their heads together, sighing in satisfaction. "Hey!" A familiar voice calls out as they turn to see y/n and Mandy landing on their brooms. "Hey, kid. How was meeting Mr. L/n?" Bal asks as Y/n smiles at this. "It was nice, he brought a notebook full of what he's learned about witchcraft and asked me questions about what I enjoyed. He said one of my cousins wants to try potion brewing and was hoping I could help him find a safe start-up and suggest someone I knew who could teach him."

Mandy chuckles as she crosses her arms. "I had to pull them apart before her majesty became late for her reviewing of a potential new spell." Y/n playfully glares at the woman. "Well excuse me if I can't run a kingdom and hide my secret relationship with the queen of the realm all at once."

The group laughs as Mandy bows before y/n. "Well, all meetings are done for the month, so you have fun, your highness. I'll be heading back home and helping out our new trainees." With that, she takes off, and the witch and two knights head down the stairs, stopping at the memorial of Nimona. Flowers, toys, candles, and drawings cover the wall as a token of appreciation for Nimona's sacrifice.

Bal notices from the side Todd placing down a stuffed dragon and rhinoceros, a solemn look on his face. He was alone and didn't seem to be in a rush. He notices Bal and gives a nod, reminding the dark knight of the apology Todd gave him, being a decent guy to show that he regrets what he did and how he'll be working on himself.

Ambrosius bends down and picks up a child's drawing of Nimona, hearts all over saying, "We love Nimona." Bal smiles at this, seeing how people accept her and do not overlook what she's done.

Ambrosius had a meeting to deal with, and left the two, giving Bal a quick peck and y/n a fist bump, smiling widely. The two look at each other and silently start to walk to the base, silence filling the air. A comfortable silence surrounds them as they enter the woods, and they enjoy it, taking in the lovely sight before them before they run into the familiar building they've stayed at.

The door silently moves open to allow the two to look inside, everything the same as they left it. The two look at each other and nod before going to work. Opening the windows to let light in. Putting the weapons away, dusting off the tables and shelves, and pulling off the red string of the murder wall, all the paper falling to the ground at the action.

Bal hangs the same picture Ambrosius gave him, smiling softly while y/n looks at the pictures of her and the shifter having fun together.

The two are pulled out of their thoughts when they hear pounding at the door. The two light up and rush over the door, swinging it open, only to be met with nothing.

Bal and y/n remember the moment they met Nimona and smiled, hearing a voice softly greet them. "Hey, boss, gorgeous." The two spin around and Bal feels elated. "Holy shi-" He's cut off by y/n screaming and running at Nimona, tackling her into a hug enough that they both fall to the ground. The witch ignores this as she presses her lips onto the punkette's tightly, which the latter is happy to return.

After a few moments with Bal silently watching, the witch pulls away. "Don't you ever do that again, you hear me?! She scolds Nimona, who can't help but laugh as she replies. "Understood, no dying on this gorgeous one." She smiles at the witch as they nuzzle closer.

"...so does this mean we're dating-"

"Of course this does! We just kissed!"

"All right all right, just wanted to be sure I had a pretty remarkable witch for a girlfriend and partner in crime."