Hunger is your greatest enemy...

Charlie's pov:

Silent... I have to stay silent..., you see my current predicament has brought me out from the comfort and safety from inside the walls and into the claws of a beast! Literally!. Well no, maybe I'm exaggerating slightly , I've not yet been caught but my mind can not stop racing  at all possible ways this could end so badly for me , being so trapped and out in the open within perfect reach of that stalking predatory feline...

(Pov end)

Hungry, Charlie had been ever so hungry, stomach rumbling painfully as he lay in his bed fashioned from various fabrics he had managed to scavage from the house beyond the walls ... his little nest within the walls was dark, dusty, damp... but he wouldn't complain, how could he ?" A mouse that's managed to find shelter and survive as long as he has had no right to complain" or so that's what he always told himself...but as many times as he may tell himself that, he still cant help the dull ache within himself.

Charlie:"my stomach hurts so much...theres gotta be something somewhere I can eat..."

The cat, he thought,...hes usually asleep at this time...

Charlie: " wait...what am I thinking...going out there while hes home is literally a death wish..."

His stomach rumbles painfully again and he hugs his stomach tight.

Charlie:"ack!....*sigh* ....I- I'll be dead at this rate any way... what's the point in caring..."

Slowly he gets up from his makeshift bed and pulls on his boots and graps his jacket and satchel.

Charlie: " Here goes nothing...its do or die now..."

He makes his way through the walls to a vent opening and crawls inside making his way through to the kitchen exit on the other end, he peeks through the gratings looking for any sign from the Cat whose home he secretly resides in.

Charlie:"*whispering to himself * I dont see him...so he must still be napping...hopefully "...

Charlie carefully squeezes through the gratings and climbs down to the kitchen side...the world outside his walls towers high above him from all angles and he hates it, it makes him feel so horribly inferior in the world...and he hates feeling so exposed out in the open so he stays close to the walls as he begins walking along the side searching for scraps of any food he can find to quickly stash in his bag and get back to his nest in the walls where he at least has comfort in the fact hes unreachable to the predator who is his unknowing roomate...

Charlie:"lucky this guy isnt as tidy as most"

a small smile crosses his face at the sight of biscuit packet left open on the counter ahead of him, he could jump for joy at the sight if he wasn't so weakened by the hunger he feels. He walks towards it when he stops himself in his tracks.

Charlie:" Wait...I....something seems off here..."

He looks around suddenly feeling nervous, anxious , it's the only thing left out on the counter...this is unusual of his host...usually the counter top is scattered with various other things...
Charlie's ears fall back as a sudden shiver tingles his spine...he starts slowly backpedaling until everything Becomes darker as a shadow falls over him stopping him dead where he stands, he doesn't dare move , he doesn't dare look his heart right doubles then triples pounding against his ribcage at the thought of what has managed to creep up behind him.

Charlie:" n-no... p-please this I-isnt happening..."

...

Nicos pov:

I've been smelling a scent for weeks now...one very familiar to me, cat instincts are strong I guess, but it's clear to me i have a little intruder...heh I wonder if this rodent likes to play...

(Pov end)

Nico was has smelt the distinctive scent of a mouse for weeks now...in all truthfulness its driving him crazy knowing it's in his home and out of reach...but he had a plan to drive him out , it's a fairly simple plan... one word, food.

Nico:"I have been a lot tidier recently, that mouse cant of had luck finding much to eat the past few days , so when it finally takes the bait I left out I'll be ready heh!"

He walks to the living room and sits idly watching TV when...

Nico: "*sniffs"....well seems my unwanted guest has finally emerged, I should introduce myself "

He stands slowly stalking to the kitchen where peeks through the crack in the door, and ofcourse he spots his little intruder straight away heading for the Biscuits he left out purposely ... suddenly the rodents demeanor changed completely, he become nervous and began backpedaling...as if he'd realised something was amiss...

Nico:" heh ...clever mouse...I'm surprised it figured ot out..."

Before the mouse could get very far, Nico had already come up close looming over him menacingly.

Nico:" Going somewhere? *smirks* you only just got here~"

Charlie turns to look up at him, a mistake he realizes as he sets his eyes on a very toothy and smug grin from the feline above...

Charlie:"I..uh...I-im..." he shook from head to toe practically choking on his words , being in this giants Shadow was more than he could bare...

Nico:"Aw you're Trembling ~ what's wrong? CAT got ya tounge! Heh!* laughs* looking at the little mouse and seeing how terrified he was in his presence was highly amusing to this particular kitty.

Charlie:"flinches* I-im sorry...I was j-jus-

Nico:" JUST- stealing from me right?
Suddenly Nico had both hands like a barrier around Charlie slamming them down trapping him in place.
The sudden movement made the surface he stood on unsteady causing Charlie to loose balance falling to sit.

Charlie:"Squeak!* N-No ! I-I wasn't! I just ...I- Please D-dont hurt me!*holds his arms over his head protectively*
I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die! Charlie had no control over all the thoughts that flooded in , all possible outcomes of this very instance that can only end horribly for him, his heart was beating so fast he feared it might burst from his chest any moment.

Nico *rolls his eyes*: " Dont be afraid heh! I dont think I'll hurt you *smirks * for now at least ~" Nicos words were no longer reaching Charlie as he hugged his chest practically heaving and sobbing in place. Nico noticing this decided to drop his teasing tone...

Nico:"woah...hey little guy? Calm down okay..."

....

(Want more of this? ...let me know)