"lets make a deal " (continued)

Charlie wasn't quite sure what exactly had happened for him to end up on top of his captors chest , the only thing he remembers was feeling so overwhelmed, stressed, and scared before everything went dark.
But there was one thing he was sure of , he wanted so desperately to be anywhere else right now .

Nico had drifted to sleep not long after Charlie had settled, he felt oddly calmed at the thought of his small intruder nestled up on his chest, but Charlie felt the complete Opposite, he had to leave now...and he had to do so without waking the "beast" ..., he slowly crawled out from under the hand that practically drawfed him and sat up slowly, He winced as he felt a sudden sharp pain run through his sides.

Charlie: "O-Ow!" He hugged his sides , oh , that's right , he had been grabbed and almost squeezed to death before he'd blacked out, " i- I hope nothing is b-broken", he stands slowly still hugging his sides tight, all while keeping a close watch on the slumbering kitty, but suddenly the kitty shifted turning ever so slightly but it was enough for Charlie to loose his footing, stumbling forward smacking straight into the face of the predator before him.

Charlie: "SQUEAK!?"

Nico woke instantly "OW! What the-" he binks the sleep from his eyes bringing his hand up to grab whatever had just slammed his face and woke him so rudely "ugh" . Charlie held his head and had his eyes shut tight clearly dazed from the fall and impact "W- wha..." he  froze as he felt the familiar feeling of those huge digits wrapping his frame again, he was closed in a fist suddenly covered in darkness, and his body shook fear replacing his dazed confusion, he sat silently waiting for the hand to close tightly around him a again , silent tears already staining his cheeks again.

Nico looked at his loosely coiled fist , when realisation struck him, he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly before slowly sitting up, he'd nearly forgotten all about his house guest but here was again , trapped in his hand , Nico really needs to learn to keep his hands to himself, but in all fairness he hadn't expected to be woken by the little guy smacking into his face.

Nico slowly opened up his hand and Charlie flinched as light flooded in around him , he wouldn't look up at his captor, he couldn't bare to, he curled in on himself like a small shaking ball of fluff.
Nico:"are...you okay?..."
Hes asking Charlie if he was okay?, but why?...he shook his head but still didn't dare to look at him.
Nico nodded and sighed "ofcourse you aren't..., listen mouse, I'm not happy about this situation, i don't like pests in my home...but maybe, I was a bit harsh on you...can you look at me...?"
Charlie shook his head instantly ,"NO! I- Just let me go !"

Nico just stared for a moment, then he put the little mouse down on the sofa cushion beside him, Charlie sat up almost confused, before finally lifting his head , his eyes meet that of the beast above.

Had Charlie made him mad? He shouldn't speak back , not to a cat...he was expecting pain again at any moment, he just stared in those yellow eyes wishing he could tell what he was thinking. Nico stared back for a moment before speaking again " I hurt you...I'm sorry , I shouldn't have grabbed you that way..." Charlie couldn't believe his ears, was the cat...apologising to him right now? ...

Charlie :"Y-you- ...s-sorry?"

Nico:*nods* "I am...I wont hurt you again "

Charlie's ears perk up slightly:"S-so you're letting me go?"

Nico:"heh...Not exactly mousey"

Ofcourse he wouldn't Charlie thought. his ears dropped again as the hopelessness of the situation dawned on him again. He hugged his knees close to his chest. I'm not going anywhere. I'm trapped here. I'm at his mercy completely...

Nico looked at the new look of fear that appeared on the mouse's face...." You're injured, weak and you're hungry..., if I let you go you'll starve , so , let's make a deal mouse".

Charlie:" a...deal..." he tilted his head in confusion, "what...kind of d-deal" he gulps.

Nico :"Dont be so afraid, I can tell what you're thinking "

Charlie, was indeed thinking...Overthinking infact...overthinking everything, a deal... that's obviously a ruse of some kind, this cat wants to trick him! A false sense of security, and then , " O-oh my g-God....h-hes gonna e-eat me" he mutters.

Nico's ears twitch, He rolls his eyes and he cant help but be slightly amused by that statement, it's his nature afterall, he laughs quietly to himself before leaning down to be more eye level with his intruder, he really was adorable..., "I'm not going to eat you mousey, if I wanted to do that I would've by now , heh" Charlie looks at him still not convinced obviously, "Y-you're t-too close..." he backs away slightly, which manages to cause another sharp pain to shoot across his ribcage, " EEP!" .

Nico looked in concern "Hey...try not to move so much" he lifts his hand to place behind Charlie gently causing him to squeak in alarm" NO DONT!" , He places his hand on the approaching larger one  and pushes against it weakly, Nico barely felt it at all. He was so...delicate, almost like a China doll, like he could break at any moment, he met those wide , terrified eyes of the little mouse again and  gently Lowered his hand beside him, Charlie watched his hand closely while it moved , only looking away as Nico began to speak again.

Nico:" I wasn't-...I said I wont grab you again, and I meant it " Charlie only stared. Nico sighed, "I'm going to make some food, ...then I'll sort your injuries alright?...you try to calm down a little..." he stands walking towards the kitchen sending him a final glance before going inside. 

Nico:" His hand was so little..., hes so ...little and so helpless." And he doesn't trust me he thought to himself.  I'll have to work on that.

Charlie stared as the cat left the room, then sat in confusion, what was going to happen to him now?, what deal was the cat thinking of making with him? , and why didn't he feel like he was being deceived... he didn't sense any malice or Ill intentions.
Can this cat really be trusted...?

...

(More?...🐭)