"Unexpected visit"

Charlie's pov:
A few days have passed since I made a deal to live with a cat, well technically
I was already living with him, but secretly...actually not as secret as i thought, turns out he knew i was here and i was being an 'annoyance ' of sort to him.

Things are...different? To say the least, the first night was awkward, I was still weak and slightly disorient I passed out on him again and when I woke in the morning I was pressed against his cheek, I panicked before remembering the events of the day before... but gazing upon him, while he was so peaceful... I dont know why my heart fluttered, my stomach filled with butterflies and my face was warm and probably flushed, this is a feeling like none I've felt before, it's so new to me...perhaps I'm coming down with something...

Pov end...

"Rise and shine Sleepy head " Nico poked at the small frame of a tired mouse on his pillow, "If you don't wake up now , I'll have eaten all the breakfast without you" he said with a smirk,
The little mouse's ears perked up at the statement..." Nico you cant eat it all!" He whined before sitting up rubbing the sleep from his eyes, " I'm hungry" he pouted.

Nico:"heh, I know you are mousey...and by the looks of your face, you're not a morning person huh " he raised a teasing brow before scooping him up without warning.

Charlie:"WAH! Nico!" He tumbled to sit in Noco's palm before shaking his head as laughter erupted above him" hey! That's not funny, and no! I was mostly nocturnal for your information!" He crossed his arms.

"Oh dont be like that pipsqueak, you know you enjoy my teasing ~" nico sent him a wink before slowly walking to the kitchen, he could see how Charlie's eyes widened and he tried to hide how his cheeks blushed...an action Nico had loved getting from him, it made him look so incredibly adorable he just couldn't help himself.

Charlie covered his face at feeling the warmth spread through his cheeks, theres that feeling again! Why? How did Nico create a feeling such as this , it was like a chain reaction, the cats teasing which leads to heart flutters, stomach butterflies and red warmth in his cheeks, how does it work? Why does it work....Charlie was confused...he didn't understand it at all.

(Oh Charlie, I believe we all know what is is...👀)

Nico:"So I made pancakes, or attempted to , they still taste pretty decent they're just a little odd looking " he places Charlie down by his plate "help yourself I'll finish what you dont eat " he gently ruffles Charlie's hair with his finger "heh".

"Squeak!" Charlie ducked away, "so much for the keep your hands to yourself rule" He giggled, "Thanks kitty "...he smiled up at him before turning and taking a mouthful of pancake.

Nico:"you're welcome little mouse" hes too cute...I say that alot...but its true, I've given up on trying to deny it in my mind, I cant keep my hands off him...truth be told if I could hold him close to me forever and never have to put him down I would..., Wow...that was super cheesy what has this pipsqueak made me into...Some cat I am, what cat let's a mouse live with him for a start and what kind of cat finds a mouse cute! ...

Charlie:" Nico"...he scoots closer to his hand leaning on him, " I'm full already, those were the best thing I've ever eaten! " nuzzles against Nicos hand feeling full and content.

It cant be helped...this mouse was simply too cute for his own good Nico finally concluded .

Nico:" I'm glad, maybe you should make me a nice breakfast next" he smiled teasing and poked his tummy gently with his thumb.

Charlie:" Kitty, I can't lift most the ingredients I'd need how do you expect me to do that" he sighed dramatically

Nico:"Haha I'm kidding small fry, besides I think you're the tastiest ingredient I could need~"he leans down close enough for his face to be level with Charlie then without warning he licked a swipe across his cheek."heh!"

Charlie squeaked in surprise at this , "WH- H-huh! " He looked at the feline almost in disbelief, as his face turned bright red, " y-you licked me!"

"Sure did heh"

"Y-you cant just do that!"

" just did, and know what?"

"Wha- Squeak!"- before he could comprehend the cat managed another swipe at his cheek.

Nico:"heh just did again" he smirks.

Charlie shook off his disbelief "Kitty! Quit that!"he attempts to hide his face behind his hands

Nico:" Quit it! No way, your face right now is priceless! Heh!"

*the door opens*

Nico stopped his teasing as his ears twitch at the sound of his front door opening...

Charlie startled by the sudden noise grasps onto Nico's sleeve, Nico protectively pulls him closer to himself.

Nico:"huh?,...but the only person who has a key is...

(Next chapter August 1st)