"I trust you"

Nico stood heating up some left over pizza from the night before, he definitely had to get some food in his little intruder and quickly at that , the reminder of how thin and weak he was wasn't something he'd forget easily,  "Do I have any ointment around for his bruises?" He mutters to himself before opening a draw sifting through the various useless objects it contained within. It was times like this he realised it would pay if he was a little more organized, "ah, found some" he set the ointment on the side then turned his attention back to the Microwave, DING!,  the timer sounded and he proceeded to plate the pizza ,then picking up the ointment he began making his way back to the living room where he'd left his house guest .

Charlie , much to his own amazement hadn't attempted to leave while the cat was out of room, why didn't he take that chance to leave? , the thought of food was a strong pull factor for him he supposed , but...That wasn't the sole reason for why he had stayed put right where the predator had left him , he was curious, curious to know what that cat was thinking..., a deal? Why make a deal with a mouse? He had nothing he could possibly contribute to a deal , nothing of value to a cat at all. So what was it planning. Charlie snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of approaching footsteps, he flinched instinctively upon hearing the cat had entered the room with him again.

Nico:" hope you like pizza , careful tho, it's hot..." he places a plate with a single slice in front of Charlie so he's able to reach it.

Charlie's ears perked up when the scent filled his nostrils, he cant remember when he'd last had food that had been warm or hot and fairly fresh too, he peeked up at the kitty who had now taken his seat beside him again and sat idly munching his own portion.

Charlie:" w-why are you feeding me,...you were angry about me having your food before?" Unless , he thought...perhaps he had poisoned it.

Nico looked over from his pizza and met Charlie's eyes once again, the mouse was stilling trembling, but seemed somewhat calmer than he'd been.

Nico:"...let's call it compensation for hurting you...Besides I wasn't angry that you were eating, it was more the fact you were annoying me by thinking I really didn't sense you were here"

Charlie's ears fold back to show his confusion "i-... I didn't mean to be...a-annoying " he turns his head away looking saddened by Nico's words, "I...really am sorry...f-for the stealing too"...

Nico felt a pang right in the heart , he didn't like the sad look in the smaller beings eyes..."Hey, its alright...you were hungry right" he thought for a moment..." I guess , I would have been doing the same as you had it been the other way around..."

Charlie met Nicos gaze looking almost stunned at what the cat had just admitted...he nods, "you ... mean that?"

Nico:"yes, I do..., and I treated you horribly, and I'm the one who should be saying sorry...not you"...

Charlie really couldn't believe his ears where hearing such words from a ferocious feline...but here he was...hearing them...

Charlie:" thank you..." he relaxes slightly, but he wouldn't drop his guard...not yet, he was still expecting the cat to grab him and break the "act" at any given moment, he turned his attention to the pizza in front of him, it was way too much to finish alone right now , perhaps he could add pieces to his bag as he ate and take it to his nest later. Oh...that's right...he said he wasn't letting me go...no point in that then.
He sat nibbling the pizza quietly for a moment, he was enjoying the warmth radiating in his stomach, it was feeling he'd missed for years, he'd never been a good scavenger like his parents had been when he was small, they'd always kept him well fed with warm , fresh food...he missed those days , he was alone now, and he was always cold and always hungry.

Charlie had drifted so far in thought he hadn't noticed he'd started crying again, this was probably his body expressing the relief of finally feeling that painful hunger melt away...

Nico watched him as he nibbled at the corner of the pizza and sobbed quietly, hes crying again... Nico didn't know what to do in this moment...

Charlie sat nibbling his food while silently sobbing for a good few minutes , before setting down the remainder of food and drying his eyes on his sleeves .

Nico:" Feel better?"

Charlie nods, "I feel full..."

Nico:" you know you've barely ate any of that ...right?"

Well of course it's not enough by cat standards Charlie thought," My stomach isn't as big as yours is "

Nico gasped "You're saying I'm fat!?"

Charlie looked up at him "Wha...N-no I wasn't! I meant- I just - I cant fit anymore than that in ..."

Nico gave a 'fake' sour look towards Charlie "I dont appreciate that mousey "

Charlie:" I - "

Suddenly the cat erupts in laughter "Heh! I'm kidding I knew what you meant, but your face was priceless just then Haha!"

Charlie:"huh- " his ears come forward as he stares ahead at the laughing beast , " you were pretending " ...

Nico calms from his laughter " Sorry mouse , but you make teasing way too easy for me " 

"Charlie "

Nico:"What?"

Charlie:" M-my name....i-its Charlie..."

Nico:" I see" he smiles softly " well Charlie, the names Nico"

Charlie: " Nico...W-why wont you ...let me go?..."

Nicos ears fall back slightly"Oh right, ...you wanna hear my deal huh?"

Charlie's ears rise in anticipation " Y-yea" ..

Nico:" Welp , too bad , injuries first deal later , arms up small fry" *smirks*

Charlie's ears drop instantly, More teasing...he pouted, " I told you...I'm Charlie...not small fry" ...he didn't care much for the cats choice in nicknames.

Nico raised a brow , " Ohhh that's right, yes I almost forgot, thanks for reminding me"

Charlie:"y-"

Nico cuts off his words before he has a chance to mouth them, " Pipsqueak "

Charlie blinked before sighing and then complying with the request, he raises his arms slowly wincing at the pain in his ribs "o-ow.."

Nico again drops his teasing and directs his attention to the more serious matter at hand," Can I...feel? I'll be gentle, I wanna check nothing is broken "

Charlie's eyes widen at the thought of those hands on him again, he hated that feeling most...but...the cat...he was being sincere right now,...his teasing tone dropped altogether...

Charlie:" n-no grabbing?"

Nico:"I promise ".

Charlie nods hesitantly, still unsure of what exactly to expect,"a-alright"...
He should never willingly agree to allow a predator to lay their hands on him...so why did he...could it be that he ...does he really?....

"I trust you"

...

( even ...more? 👀)