"Friend"

Charlie:"Squeak! Ow -ow!"

Nico pulled his hand away at Charlie's discomfort " Sorry... " he was being as gentle as he could be, luckily nothing felt broken, " Its badly bruised, but no bones broken mousey ", Charlie looked up at him, "that's good, I guess..." , he was relieved he supposed, but didn't mean it hurt any less...

Nicos guilt ate at him, he caused that bruising afterall, Charlie hadn't deserved that, he was terrified , he could see that clearly...he must of thought he was going to kill him there and then, he wouldn't blame him for thinking those sorts of things, cats can be cruel, Nico didn't like to think of himself as cruel, sure he teased a few mice here and there...but he hadn't really hurt a mouse before, well until now that is... , and he felt awful for it , so what was the appeal to other cats.

Charlie: "um...Nico?"

Nico:"Huh?"

Charlie:" S-sorry...you were...spacing out"

Nico:" Oh ...sorry, let's get this ointment on you yea..."

Charlie's sensed the sad tone in his voice..., "well, okay ..." this cat sure has alot of mood swings, it was confusing , the whole situation was confusing , but he wasn't scared, not as much as earlier anyway, he could see the regret of the cats actions plastered in his eyes...

Charlie:" ...I know you feel b-bad..., it's okay, I'm fine..."

Nico looked in shock, "Charlie... you - it's not fine, not one bit...look what I did... , I hurt you...dont forgive me so easily pipsqueak..."

Charlie :"but, I -"

Nico gently puts his hand around him and puts his thumb over his mouth "Shh" Charlie flinched at the sudden intrusion but composed himself, he pushes the thumb from his face.

Charlie:" you ...really need to learn to keep your hands to yourself kitty..."

Nico raised a brow..."So I'm kitty now huh? ,heh" gently  uses his thumb to ruffle his little intruders hair.

Charlie:"Hey! , that's the opposite of to yourself " he giggled while ducking his head to try and avoid the intrusion.

Nico laughed and took his hand away to grab the ointment "okay I'll stop messing, let's sort you out then , I can explain my deal" ...deal, Charlie had almost forgotten.

Charlie:" Good idea"...

... timeskip...

Charlie:" W-wait, you want to live with you...outside the walls!?" Charlie was astonished, as soon as Nico had begun explaining his 'deal' he was sure it must've been some kind of a joke.

Nico:" Yes , you live out in the open and stop hiding away in the walls, and in return, I will keep you well fed and safe"

Charlie:"l-like a....pet" his features twisted with worry at the thought.

Nico:" No no no, Not like a pet Charlie, you're a person, I know that,  but if you're living here I'd rather you do it properly...you know?"

Charlie was a mouse...he was used to hiding away, Nico was a cat, he was supposed to hide away from him it was nature, "I-im not used to the open..., its safer in the walls..."

Nico:"it would take some getting used to sure, but I'll try to make it easier any way I can, I would like us to be friends "

Charlie looked at him..."friends..." A mouse cant be friends with cat...that's unheard of, and why? Why wouldn't Nico just kick him out, rather than decide to live alongside him.

Charlie:" You think we can be friends?..."

Nico:"Well , not straight away, I wanna earn that right, I was a Jerk afterall, I have alot to make up for"

Charlie was confused, this was crazy talk...but, he couldn't say that he was against the idea, a steady source of food, and...company...companion ship.

Charlie:"so what if, ...it doesn't work out " a playful grin spread across his face "you promise you aren't going to eat me!"

Nico:"Eat you, Yuck , that would be way to Grizzly for me mousey" he smirks "besides you arent much of meal pipsqueak, you're far to small to satisfy my hunger "

Charlie:"I'm not that small...you're just huge"

Nico:"Oh wow, the Denial, Haha!"

Charlie pouts, " you are huge!"

Nico:"I'm average, you think I'm huge you should see my older brother he towers over me , 6ft 9  "

Charlie looks at him, "you have a brother?" 6 ft 9...he must look terrifying.

Nico:"Yea , I have 2 older brothers actually, believe it or not I'm the runt of the litter"

Charlie:" Must be nice..." he smiles faintly, He wishes he still had his own family around...

Nico notices the change in demeanour,  " your not alone anymore , stop what you were thinking " he gently pets Charlie's head.

Charlie looks to him again ..." t-thank you...that means alot..." ...He really wasn't as bad as Charlie had thought, sure he had hurt him, but not on purpose, and he felt bad about it too, this kitty was kind...and remorseful.

Charlie:"I think you will make a great friend..., so you best hurry and make me forgive you "

Nico's ears twitch again, "heh, is that so, well, looks like I'd better get to work on that pipsqueak "

Charlie glared" You should start by dropping that nickname...."

Nico:"Heh, no way, you seem to love it! Why would I drop it! Silly mousey "

Charlie:"Haha...funny" rolls his eyes ...he smiled , he felt safe...he wasn't sure why exactly, and he couldn't explain how he trusted this feline so quickly,
but he was sure this felt right.

...

(If you want more I will try my best! 😂)