𝘾𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙨 𝘾𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙨

The house was freezing, it was like there was a permanent winter breeze constantly flowing through the house even during the hot months in Indiana.

McKenna had a bad feeling when she neared the house walking home from school, the feeling intensifying when being IN the house.

"uhm do we really need to be in here right now?" she said, stepping over the broken glass from the window Steve broke to enter the house in the first place.

"Do you want to help your boyfriend?" Lucas whispered from behind her, turning her head she glared at him, knowing what he was getting at.

"What are you talking about he is not my boyfriend." McKenna said, turning away from him and finishing the conversation.

She hadn't had much time to think about Eddie the past few days but she worried here and there. She was allowed to worry about her friends...that's what they were anyways.

"Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill." Lucas said after trying to switch on a lamp.

"Lucas...really? It's an abandoned house." McKenna said reaching into her bag for her flashlight.

"I was joking." he said back, rolling his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me mister." McKenna said flashing her light in his eyes, "God damn mickey! could you get any closer to my cornea?" he exclaimed rubbing his eyes.

"yeah." She said waving the light closer to his face , before he reached up and snatched it from her.

While they were bickering they had missed Nancy point out how everything in the house had been left exactly as it was when the murders took place, McKenna glanced between the two girls and the red head next to her, who seemed a bit uncomfortable with the house.

"Come on Maxy, i'll protect you." McKenna said putting her arm around max and pushing Lucas away as looked around.

"Hey, guys? you all see that, right?" max said, stepping out of McKennas grip and pointing her light at a clock lurched up against the wall.

It was a clock, what could have been so special about a clock?

"yeah." "yeah." Dustin and Steve said back.

"Is this what you saw?" Nancy asked, "in your visions." she continued.

McKenna watched as max shook her head.

'what is going on?' McKenna thought to herself, just a few days ago her life was normal.

Wake up, eat, go to school, learn nothing, go home, eat again, sleep, and repeat the next day.

"i mean, it's... just a clock." Robin said trying to reassure the girl, "Right?" and now it was clear Robin was trying to convince herself too.

McKenna turned, gently squeezing Robins shoulder in reassurance.

She watched as Robin stepped forward and wiped the thick layers of dust off of the clock.

"Like a normal old clock." she said turning back to the group, shrugging her shoulders.

"Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks?" Steve asked, "maybe he's like a clockmaker or something? he continued earning side eyes from everyone on the room.

"I think you cracked the case Steve." Dustin said sarcastically as McKenna snickered from in front of them.

Steve jabbed his flashlight into her back making her turn to him, narrowing her eyes and shoving her flashlight into his stomach making him groan.