Chapter 22

Sauron's POV

I laughed maniacally as I fought the puny elves and men who dared go against my master and I. Who did they think they were, fighting us for our rightful place? Obviously we were the rightful rulers since the Valar had abandoned this place. Of course, for some I understood that this would be hard transition. But it would be useful in the end.

Eönwë appeared before me, wielding his sword expertly, trying to stop me. Unfortunately, Melkor had granted me powers far beyond his. I gripped his neck tightly and slammed him hard into the earth. "So," I sneered at my former friend. "This is Manwë's greatest warrior?" He struggled desperately to get out of my grip.

"I guess you want to go back to your lord?" I snickered as I raised my hammer. "I will send you to him... now!" Suddenly, someone tackled me off my prey and we wrestled to the face of a steep cliff. Finally, I broke away and glared at-My daughter!

She was standing at the very edge of the cliff, eyeing me warily. "Iltani," I gasped in wonder. "My little one!" She flinched and edged away.

"Don't be afraid," I cooed, trying to keep that dreadful look off her face. "Ada isn't angry. Come home, my little good luck charm. I miss you." I walked unthreateningly towards her, my eyes as gentle as possible.

Her ears pinned back and she whimpered in fear. "It- it's alright, my little one," I said in my softest tone. "Whatever is scaring you, it won't hurt you. I promise. Just come home with Ada."

She continued to cower as I slowly approached her. "Just tell Ada what made you leave, and he shall fix it." I promised as I approached my beloved daughter. "Just come home, precious, and everything will be alright again."

She opened her mouth to say something. All at once, something hit her delicate ear, she clutched at it and tumbled off the cliff with a piercing shriek. "NO!" I screamed as I dashed to the edge just it time to see an eagle catch my poor little baby. I gave a sigh of relief and the turned to see what had happened.

I saw an orc with a bow smirking at the place my daughter had been. I stormed over to him and wrapped my hand around its neck. "Death is too good for you," I growled as they tried to struggle away from me. "But I'm in a hurry."

I snapped its neck and tossed the body aside. I looked at the arrows in his quiver in horror. "Poison!" I gasped feeling ill. My baby could die! What was I going to do? Swiftly turning into my vampire form, I left the battlefield. I had to tell my master!

Maeglin's POV

"She's so sick." Mîrrómen said as he came out of the healer's tent. "It was just a little nick to the ear." His face looked pained. The sounds of Iltani's delirium reached my ears. She was calling out for her uncles, for her brother, even the mother she had never met.

"Ammë get better?" Little Gilglîn asked as he looked longingly at the tent. "Maybe," Nyríl said soothingly. "But maybe for that she'll have to go far far away." "Where?" Gilglîn asked, eager to know where his Ammë would go.

"To Lord Námo's halls," Nyríl said in a gentle tone. "There is healing there for everyone." "Want Ammë stay here." Gilglîn pouted as Mîrrómen scooped him up. "We all do, young one." Mîrrómen sighed. "But I fear she may have no choice."

They sadly left to care for the orcling, leaving me standing outside the healer's tent. I clenched my fists in anger and sorrow. Why? Why did everyone I love eventually die?

'I must tell her how I feel,' I thought as I entered the tent. 'She won't remember anything in the halls as she is so sick. But I must tell her, before it is too late.' I hurried past the many cots holding injured and dying elves to the one holding Iltani. I knelt next to her.