002

Written in Stardust
☾ chapter two ☽
𓆩 Remember your Family Members 𓆪

Written in Stardust ☾ chapter two ☽𓆩 Remember your Family Members 𓆪

☾ 𓆩♡𓆪 ☽

Lost particles of sand blew in the soft breeze. It was a hot day in the scorch. Lovette sat comfortably on Saturn's back. The horse beneath her was content, softly breathing in the warm air around him. The four horses moved forwards in a steady pace. A thin sheet was loosely wrapped around Lovette's upper body, protecting her from any sunburns.

The girl placed her left foot against Saturn's side softly, making the horse move towards the right, next to one of the other horses, Lunar. Lovette swung her left leg over Saturn's neck so she now sat with both her legs to the right side. The girl placed her left foot in the stirrup which was attached to the saddle which laid on Lunar's back. Lovette held herself by the horn and seat of the saddle and swung her right leg over Lunar's back, making the girl comfortably sit in the saddle. Lovette reached over towards her right side and grabbed one of the bottles of water she had been given. The girl was very thankful for the amount of nourishments she had been given, seeing that she didn't have much left and would have probably otherwise needed to sneak into an abandoned building somewhere, but most of those buildings were infested with cranks.

The girl hadn't met any cranks today. Yet the chances of that changing were high. So for her own safety, she reached towards her leg once again, feeling the two guns she held there safely secured.

Lovette moved her head and looked forwards, seeing more sand beginning to sweep up in the wind. The changes would almost be impossible to notice so early on, but the girl had learned from her time spent in the searing hot desert. The small feeling that the wind was picking up, seeing as there normally wasn't a breath of wind in the scorch, except when a sandstorm was beginning to form itself. The large thunderhead clouds which moved quite fast in front of Lovette were one of the more obvious signs. But the girl knew she couldn't turn back, she needed to find them.

It had already been so many years, but she still remembered them. She needed to remember them. She wouldn't let herself forget. Lovette grabbed the locket around her neck and looked at it. She had gotten the necklace for her sixth birthday, she remembered it so clear as if it was yesterday.

"Lovette, we have a surprise for you." Lovette, her father and her mother were sat around the table which stood in the kitchen, waiting for Lovette's brother and sister to wake up.

Lovette looked up, a frown edged in between her brows. Lovette's father pulled out a necklace from his pocket and laid it down on the table.

"This is your grandmother's locket, she wanted to specifically give it to you. You grandmother lived in a time when the world wasn't in such a state. She lived in a world where the earth was still in one piece. And this necklace resembles the earth she lived on."

Lovette wrapped her small hand around the locket to take a closer look at it. The locket was mostly blue, but there were a few green patches which stood for land. The blue colour stood for the sea.

"Wow." Was the only word Lovette could get out of her mouth as she inspected the necklace she had been given.

"Told you she would love it."

One of the pictures were of a man and a woman. The two had happy smiles in their faces and their arms wrapped around each other. The man had dark blond hair while the woman had a very light blonde colour. They both had kind smiles on their faces, real smiles. The woman had light coloured hazel eyes while the man had brown, almost a gloomy golden colour reflecting in his. The woman came up to the man's shoulder, being much shorter than him, making it comfortable for the man to rest his head on hers. They seemed to sit at a table in a restaurant which was placed next to the sea. The water was wild, big waves coming up and down every few seconds. You could almost hear the sounds the sea made if you looked at the picture long enough. The sun was setting and a beautiful sunset was reflecting in the salt water, making the water glow like liquid gold.

The other picture was a picture of three children. Two of the children seemed to be around the age of seven while the third one seemed to be four years old at most. The only boy from the three children stood to the left in the picture. The boy had a sandy hair colour and was the tallest of the three. He had medium long hair and sparkling brown eyes. He almost looked the exact same like the man in the first picture, but younger.

One of the two girls stood to the right. She had the same hair colour as the boy, but her hair came down till her waist. Her eyes were also the same gloomy golden colour which seemed to sparkle in the light. She was a few inches shorter than the boy to the left, coming up to his chin, but her fluffy hair seemed to cover up that she was certainly a lot shorter, with her hair, she came up to his nose.

The boy and girl seemed like the two oldest of the three, the girl in between them a few inches shorter and seemingly more innocent of the outside world or what was going on around her. The boy and girl seemed like they were twins, having the same hair colour, eye colour, nose shape and crinkles under their eyes while they smiled, that also being the exact same as the other.

The girl in the middle had very light coloured blonde hair. It almost seemed like white with a soft yellow glow over it. Her eyes were kind and were the same colour of hazel the woman had in the first picture.

While the two twins looked almost exactly like the man in the picture. The younger girl was an exact copy of the woman. But they all stood there with a sunrise coming up behind them and tired smiles on their faces, making it obvious they had stayed up the whole night to wait for this moment.

That was an achievement for them then, but they didn't realise that this would someday be something they would find a burden. Staying up late, needing to lose sleep to survive.

But mostly, remembering the memories where it all seemed okay.