004

Written in Stardust
☾ chapter four ☽
𓆩 Dried Wounds 𓆪

Written in Stardust ☾ chapter four ☽𓆩 Dried Wounds 𓆪

☾ 𓆩♡𓆪 ☽

The silent battle behind the eyes of the blue eyed girl went on for a few seconds before it stopped. Teresa looked at the person in front of her, wanting to know if this person could be a danger to her or the boys. The person in front of her was obviously a girl. The girl had long sandy coloured hair with a feminine figure. She wore a bandana around the lower half of her face and with the way that her head was slightly tilted, Teresa knew that the girl could see her, but she couldn't see the girl.

The girl wore dirty clothes, but not as dirty as theirs. Their clothes looked like they had been walking through the scorch like madmen with no idea what their next plan would be. That was true, although they all held on to the only goal they did have. Finding the right arm. How they were going to find them? They had no idea. Although they claimed to be in the mountains, the group knew that the mountains were still far away and with the limited supplies they had, they didn't knew if they would make it to them. But if they would survive the scorch and reach the mountains, what were they going to do then? The mountains weren't a silly little playground either, there were also cranks there. And the weather would be too extreme to survive in, seeing the state they were already in.

Focusing her attention back to the blonde haired girl in front of her, Teresa noticed that the girl's clothes looked like she had been wearing them for a few days at most. They seemed mostly clean, but covered with a layer of sand from the storm which had just stopped. The clothes the girl wore seemed like they were thoroughly thought out for the weather in the scorch. The loose fitting top she wore was perfect for the hot peeks of the day. The girl also wore dark blue coloured bootcut jeans. The material seemed thin, but not too thin to get cold in during the night. The boots the girl wore also seemed like a perfect fit, the heals only an inch tall at most.

Teresa took a few steps away from Thomas, her path now set towards the girl who had her full attention at the moment. Thomas didn't even knew Teresa had stepped away from him, his whole focus towards how they were going to survive this.

Teresa raised her hands in front of her and took a few steps closer, not wanting to be attacked, or worse. A small smile creeped up on Lovette's face behind her bandana, seeing that the girl was cautious of her and her surroundings.

Teresa lowered her hands, her arms now loosely hanging besides her. She walked closer to the girl on the horse in front of her, not feeling threatened like she felt in the mall the night before. The dark haired girl walked forwards until she now stood directly in front of the horse. Teresa could feel the soft breaths of the horse on the bare skin of her hands, calming her down. The eyes of the blue eyed girl locked with the eyes of the girl in front of her for a split second, but the brunette looked away swiftly. The horse's head was lowered, almost as if the animal wanted her to lock eyes with his captain again. Teresa looked up slowly once again, locking eyes with the girl again.

The eyes of the girl were a soft brown colour. But they almost seemed different than other brown eyes she had ever seen. She had looked into Thomas' and Minho's eyes before, but these seemed different. Of course, every pair of eyes is different, but Teresa felt like the girl's were individual, staring into her soul, reading her and putting her whole life story out in front of her on a wooden table. Her eyes looked like pools of honey with golden flakes in them, swimming around, trying to find their place in the caramel puddles.

The girl looked away suddenly, a furrow sitting in between her brows while she looked behind Teresa. But Teresa could swear that she saw a piece of the girl's soul inside of her eyes. A piece of her soul with so much pain and grieve. Teresa knew that look, she had seen the look in Frypan's eyes when he lost Zart, she had seen that look in Newt's eyes when he lost Alby and she had seen that look in Thomas' eyes when he lost Chuck. And she had seen that look in many more eyes.

Teresa suddenly realised she had been staring in the girl's eyes for quite a while when the girl in front of her cleared her throath and jumped off of her horse. The girl walked towards Teresa until she stood in front of the blue eyed girl. With their eyes still locked, Lovette lifted one hand and grabbed something out of her pocket. The brunette's body tensed before she realised the girl in front of her was giving the horse she was just on a candy.

''Cat got your tongue, love?''

Teresa tried to react, her mouth opening before closing again. Realising how stupid it looked, seeing as there was no sound coming out of it. The girl raised her hands, trying to make herself speak again. But the brunette didn't get the chance to before they heard a gunshot sound through the quiet desert. While Lovette looked around wildly, Teresa had turned around towards the group of boys and saw Thomas running towards them. It wasn't much later that the two girls also ran towards the sound and screams of the boys. Teresa arrived at the scene first, tears pooling in her eyes, because she already knew what was coming.

''It's growing, inside of me.'' A boy with curly brown hair which stuck to his forehead and a still bleeding wound on his stomach exclaimed softly, a defeated tone laced in his voice. The boys groaned while Teresa stood there in shock, looking at the wound. The boys hadn't even noticed the blue eyed girl had met someone new, too busy focusing on their dying friend.

The boys looked at each other, trying to figure out what to do. They didn't want to leave their friend, they didn't want to lose another person. ''I'm not gonna make it.''

''Please.'' The dying boy raised his hand, trying to reach for the gun which was in another boy's grasp. ''Don't let me turn into one of those, please.'' The boy lowered his hand again, knowing he was too weak to stand up and actually reach the gun once again on his own. Teresa looked around and locked eyes again with the girl next to her. The silent shake of the brown eyed girl's head told Teresa everything she didn't want to hear.

He couldn't be saved.