006

Written in Stardust
☾ chapter six ☽
𓆩 Lost in the Past 𓆪

Written in Stardust ☾ chapter six ☽𓆩 Lost in the Past 𓆪

☾ 𓆩♡𓆪 ☽

''Thomas, take care of them.'' Thomas looked back up from the spot his vision was fixated on and towards Winston. The two were not best friends, but he was always there in Thomas' memories. Although he couldn't remember more than a week of his life, Winston was with him in all the moments he could recall. He was also there in his dreams, but now, the curly haired boy wouldn't be with them anymore. He would be with the other fallen gladers in a place without any pain, cranks nor a sea of sand. He would be in a place where he could live peacefully.

Thomas managed to nod his head slightly before walking away. His lips were tightly sealed shut, but a few tears still managed to roll out of his eyes. And after a few seconds, a small sob came out of his mouth.

The boy suddenly jumped away, feeling a hand being placed on his shoulder. When he looked at the person who the hand belonged to, he let out a sigh of relief when he realised who it was.

''Do you know who the bloody girl is?'' Newt asked the brown eyed boy. Thomas looked at the boy who had become one of his closest friends. Although their time together was short, so much had happened between them. Too much.

''Who? Teresa?'' Thomas asked the accented boy. His voice was muffled because of the hand he held before his mouth, prevented any more sobs from coming out.

''Well i don't know about you. But i know who bugging Teresa is. Who is the girl who is with Winston right now?'' Newt exclaimed, his voice rising with every word he spoke. More tears pooled in Thomas' eyes, normally, he would snap back. But he just couldn't, the sob he had tried to hold back came out, shocking Newt.

''I don't know man! If you forgot, i don't even remember more than a week of my whole life. So how could i know who she is?'' The brown haired boy sobbed, the tears finally spilling out of his eyes like waterfalls.

Newt sucked in a sharp breath, one of his hands was placed on his hip while the other one was rubbing his bottom lip. Thomas wiped away the tears under his eyes, but it didn't help much. Soft sobs fell out of his mouth, but even despite the hand which tried to hide them, Newt heard.

And suddenly, the blond haired boy's arms were around the brown haired boy. With his arms around the boy, Newt rested his head on Thomas' shoulder, letting a few tears fall out of his tired eyes. Thomas grabbed the dirty shirt which the blond wore and cried, cried like he had never cried before.

Newt could hear the sadness in his sobs, but there was also so much else. Anger, confusion, fear and grief. Anger, anger for wicked, anger for the actions which this organization saw as okay. Confused, confused why someone would do this to them. The brown haired boy was scared, scared of what had happened and what was to come. And grief, grief for the people they had lost. Grief for the place they once lived in. Grief for the things they couldn't remember. Grief for the times they couldn't remember, those times seemed easier, not knowing what was going on or what was going to happen next.