008

Written in Stardust
☾ chapter eight ☽
𓆩 A lot of Help 𓆪

Written in Stardust ☾ chapter eight ☽𓆩 A lot of Help 𓆪

☾ 𓆩♡𓆪 ☽

Flashback
But right at the moment that Newt wanted to crawl forwards to embrace the broken boy, a shadow which casted over the brown haired boy stopped him. And the other seemed to notice it too.

"Who are you?" Frypan shouted, while he gripped a gun tightly with both of his hands wrapped around the handle, his knuckles turning white. The person in front of them looked at the ground, their hat covering their face. Thomas hadn't taken a good look at the person yet, but now that they were directly in front of him, he could look at them clearly. The person wore dirty clothes like him and a piece of cloth was wrapped around their shoulders. Probably protecting them from the sun.

"Answer me!" The black haired boy roared, his voice slightly wavering. Thomas looked at the boy in shock,  never having heard him scream like this or threaten someone before. Tears were threatening to spill from his eyes and his hands were shaking while he tried to not drop the weapon

The person in front of the gladers jumped off their horse, their hair blowing out behind them because of the slight wind. Thomas noticed that their hair was a dirty blonde colour and fell to their hips. The person wore dirty clothes which were too big for them. But he could still conclude that the person was a girl.

"Just calm down." The girl spoke up, her voice was slightly raspy and had a tired tone laced in it. The short sentence which was spoken was very quiet and only a few of the boys had heard her.

"I will not calm down until you explain what the shuck is happening. You just suddenly come to us and give our friend a gun to kill himself. He is our friend! He could have lived, survived!" Frypan tried to get answers from the girl while he tried to stay calm, but at the end of his rant he had started screaming and sobbing. The gun shook violently in his hands and his jaw was lightly clenched.

Thomas could see the girl's face move under the hat, but he couldn't make out what expression her face wore. "Few days?" She whispered, slowly walking forwards. Frypan glared at her, his face a mixture in between confusion and sadness.

"What are you talking about?" The boy mumbled, his grip on the gun loosening. The girl stepped forwards another step, her own hand carefully wrapping around the gun.

"In the scorch." She pulled the gun out of his trembling hands. A gust of wind came through the scorch, sending a shiver through Thomas' body. The girl's hat moved backwards but she quickly adjusted it to make sure no one could see anything.

''I don't think you should ask us any questions before you answer the ones we have.'' Minho stepped forwards with his chest buffed out and his arms folded in front of him, making his mucles look bigger. His shirt pulled tightly around his chest and it looked like the fabric on his shoulders could rip at any moment.

The girl's eye turned to the asian boy before she looked him up and down, unimpressed. ''It depends on what you'd like to know.''

''Why did you?'' Newt walked forwards, his voice carrying something which no one could explain. Thomas could somehow remember it, he had heard his voice like that before. But seeing the look on Minho's face, he was the only one who hadn't.

''Would you rather have him live in pain than die before the worst?'' She asked, walking backwards to grasp one of the horses' manes.

''He could have lived! You killed him!'' Frypan roared and his body lunched forwards. But before he could reach his target, Minho had grabbed his shoulders.

Minho struggled but managed to make him calm down slightly. Frypan's chest heaved up and down at a fast pace and his body was covered in a layer of sweat.

''If you plan to live in the scorch, you will need to learn about the losses you will experience.'' The girl exclaimed, her hands grabbing the horse's manes tightly and swinging herself up on his back.

''We are looking for the right arm.'' Thomas quickly spoke, walking forwards before he saw her pull the rope around the horse's neck, making him move backwards. The brunette stopped and put his hands in the air, trying to make her listen, trying to make her stay.

She leaned forwards, her lips brushing Thomas' ear. ''Well, good luck with that.'' The boy froze in his place, but before he could say anything else, she galloped away. Her hair blew in the wind and her body leaned forwards slightly.

''That was a lot of help.'' Minho sighed, his eyes turning towards the ground before he sat down. A loud sigh escaping his mouth while his head rested in his hands.

''Are all girls like this?'' Frypan asked, his hands placed on his hips.

''Fry, you're not funny.''

''Your jokes aren't either, Minho.''