Chapter 1

I walk through the hallways of Sage Hill, tuning out the ambient chatter until I catch a familiar name, pulling my attention. "Dude I'm so gonna hook up with Sam tonight" one of the douchy football guys says while he high fives his friends, even earning a couple pats in the shoulders. I laugh to myself, thinking about how oh so wrong this man is.
Just then I hear loud footsteps running up to me, I don't even need to turn around to know who it is, "Hey Ms. President" Lily, my vice says, "Hey Lil" I respond trying to stay upright as she puts her arm over my shoulder and proceeds to put what feels like half her body weight on me.
"You going to my party tonight?" she asks excitedly, "what do you think?" I scoff. "Oh come onnnn. Kenzie you have to. You promised that you'd come" she whined, "I'll go to the next one" I say lying. She stops walking, turning me to face her, "you've said that the last three times. Pleassseeee" she pleads giving me her best puppy dog eyes. Those don't work on me, actually that's not entirely true, they do work on me, but only from one person. "Okay fine" I concede, as her smile grows, "but I'm not staying for long" I said sternly, "that's fine, that's fine" she smiled as she walked away to her class, "see you then" she shouted back to me, I just laughed as she almost ran into a guy from behind not paying attention as she skipped down the hall.
I had a free as my first period so I made my way to the Library. I had already finished all my work for the week and seeing that we have next week off for Thanksgiving I just sat in a quiet corner and pulled out my book. I was a couple pages in before my attention was pulled away to admire the goddess of a woman walking towards me with two coffees in hand and the most beautiful smile I have ever seen in my life.
"Morning beautiful" she said, kissing my temple and setting down one of the coffees in front of me before taking the seat next to me. "Mhm, morning" I said, taking a sip of my coffee and resting my head on her shoulder.
Only seniors have the option to have free periods, so since ours was in the morning that meant that everyone else who had one was either later in the day or if theirs was in the morning they chose to come to school after, getting another hour of sleep. This meant that we had the whole library to ourselves. Even though sometimes I envied the kids that got to sleep in, I would happily choose sleep deprivation if that meant I could spend time with my perfect girlfriend.
"So I heard you're totally gunna hook up with James tonight" I said, trying to suppress my laughter, "how'd you hear that" she giggled, making my head bounce, "He was telling his football buddies in the hall this morning before school", "I think I would rather die" she laughed again. "What why? He's like the hottest guy in school" I pretended to be shocked , imitating the voice of some of her friends on the cheer team. She chuckled, grabbing my chin, bringing it closer to her face, she stopped right when our lips were about an inch apart, "maybe the hottest guy, but definitely not the hottest person in school. Cuz I'm looking at her" she spoke quietly, causing my stomach to do backflips before closing the gap between our lips and kissing me lightly but lovingly.
Once we separate she giggles at the deep crimson spreading across my check, "I get you every time" she mocks. I bury my face in my hands trying to cover my blushing, it's true though, she really does get me every time. "Hey stop that" she says, taking my hands away, "I want to look at you" holding my hands, "why?" I ask, "because you're beautiful" she says. A comfortable silence takes over us as we just look at eachother, taking in her beauty.
"So are you coming over tonight?" She asked, standing up as the bell rang, "yeah, if you still want me to" I replied putting my book in my bag, "duh I want you to. So I'll see you tonight" "yup" I say with a quick kiss before walking out to my first class.
We've been dating for just over two years now, but no one really knows, other than our families of course, they clocked it the first time they saw us together, so because of that we try to keep our distance at school. I'm out, but sam isn't, she's got this "reputation" to uphold, popular, beautiful, rich, and of course, straight.
At first it really bothered me, it felt like she was hiding me, like I was an embarrassment, but recently I don't really care as much. Like yeah, I wish I was able to tell everyone that I was dating the hottest person in school, but she's really made an effort to show me that I'm the only one that she wants, and to be honest, I don't really want anyone in my business either.
When we first started dating, I would catch her flirting with some of the guys, even making out with a couple of them. Every time I would talk to her about it she would just say that she had to do it to make everyone believe that she was still single. Her reasoning was that if she just stopped abruptly it would be suspicious, which i couldn't totally argue with, but that didn't make seeing her with someone else any easier.
But one day, like 4 months into our dating, she saw a girl flirting with me at one of the football games and after that she told me how much it sucked, and she didn't realize how much she was hurting me and she promised never to do anything like that ever again. I swear when the girl was talking to me I wasn't trying to make Sam jealous or anything, I just wasn't really thinking, but I'm really happy that she realized how much she was hurting me because to be honest I don't think I would have ever had enough courage to tell her myself. I could barely believe that she liked me back, so in my mind I didn't have any room to make demands or ask for anything. But over time she really tried to show me that we're equals in the relationship, and if I have a problem I have to tell her, because she doesn't want me to "walk around on eggshells" around her.
I don't think anyone would expect her to be that caring, well only the people that she's that caring with, she doesn't show that side to many people, again, she has a "reputation" to uphold.
It doesn't really bother me anymore when guys flirt with her, or try to make a move or anything, it's basically free entertainment. I think watching her reject guys' left and right is one of my favorite pastimes now.
Ever since she promised not to flirt with the guys anymore she's become this "untouchable" beauty that every guy wants, I mean every guy wanted her before, but now they see it as some kind of challenge.
Everyone has their own theories, she's dating a guy in college, she's a hardcore Christian now, or whatever the hell guys come up with to help their ego when she rejects them, but I think that if they found out the real reason, that's she's actually a lesbian dating the class president who she supposedly "hates", they would lose their minds.