Chapter 2

As soon as I walked through Lily's front door I was immediately overcome with the intense smell of alcohol and weed.
I made my way to the kitchen in hopes to find Lily, because the sooner she saw me, the sooner I could leave. I promised that I would come but not that I would stay.
"KENZIE" Lily shouts, beaming from the other side of the table, she makes her way to me before saying, "you're just in time" she grabs my wrist and drags me through the crowd of people into the living room.
"For what" I ask as she basically throws me into an empty seat on the couch, "For Assumptions" she says very blasé taking a seat on the floor opposite to me. I look at her confused before she finally says, "Mikey, explain please"
"Okay so basically the way assumptions work is it's like never have I ever, but instead of speaking for yourself you say an assumption about someone in the group, and if you're right they drink but if you're wrong you drink. Got it?" He explained to which I nodded.
"Okay I'll go first" Lily starts, "Kenzie, this'll be an easy one" she continues, I nod ready for her to make the assumption, "you've never got anything lower than a B", I drink. Okay if people keep saying easy ones like this I'm going to get wasted.
The assumptions start getting more and more personal and after a couple more rounds Sadie, a girl on Sam's cheer team says, "Sam. You've never had a relationship that lasted more than two months", "nope, you're wrong. Drink up Sadie" Sam replies sounding victorious, while I smile down at my hands, not wanting people to see me blush.
"Wait what?!" Sadie almost yelled, "who, what, where and when. And does no one know about this!?" Mikey chimes in. "Ah ah ah, that's not part of the game, I don't have to answer any questions after the fact if I don't want to" she says, with her smug smile plastered on her face.
After everyone had finished interrogating Sam, finally realizing that she wasn't going to answer anything she finally turned her attention to me. "Mackenzie" she calls out, surprising me, "uh yeah" I reply hesitantly, where was she going with this. "You're in love" "like right now" I ask, she nods. I throw back my shot and stand up, "we'll this has been fun, but I really didn't think I'd stay this late. See you Monday Lily" I say to the extremely shocked girl sitting across from me.
I can't help but laugh as I make my way out of her house, thinking about the shocked expression on everyone's faces, everyone but Sam, who just looked happy.

Later that night I was lying on Sam's couch watching tv when I heard her come back from the party, "so you're in love huh" she asked smugly to lift up my feet so she could sit down before placing them back on her lap. "Yup" I said, keeping my attention on the TV, not wanting to give her the satisfaction of seeing my blush. "Hmmmm, interesting. Anyone I know", "nah, she goes to a different school" I respond, she giggles before scooting her way on top of me, "I love you too" she says before placing a sweet, loving kiss on my lips.

Flashback
"Where are we going" Sam asked for probably the tenth time, "again, I'm not telling you" I say flashing her a smug smile.
"Okay I'm going to need you to put this on, and not think about it please." I tell her to hand her a bandana to use as a blindfold. She stares at my eyes while mouth slightly agape, "just do it please" I plead as she puts the blind fold on.
After finding a good parking spot on the edge of a cliff, backing up into the spot so we can see the view from the back. "I'll be right back" I tell Sam, kissing her on the cheek before getting out of the car.
After taking down my soft top of my four door bronco, and setting up all the blankets and pillows, I head around to the passenger side to get Sam. I guide her to the back where everything is, I help her up, and take a seat next to her in the blanket before removing her blind fold.
She looks around in awe for a second before her expression turns sad, "what's wrong, why do you look sad?" I ask, concerned. "No no no, this is amazing, you're amazing, it's just you're always doing these sweet, lovely things and I just feel like I can never do anything back to thank you." She says with somewhat of a pout.
I smile at how cute she is, after a few moments she smiles too, "there!" I say loudly, startling her, "what??" She's confused, "right there. You're smile. Seeing that smile is better than any date that I plan or sweet thing that I say. I only do these things in hopes to earn on if you're earth shattering, write home about, perfect smile."
Her face relaxes and she looks affectionately into my eyes before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on my lips. She pulls back after a moment, "I love you Mackenzie" she says sincerely. I'm taken aback, "really" I ask, thinking this must be a dream. "Really" she says softly.
A huge smile erupts on my face, I kiss her, desperate to convey what I'm about to say, I whisper, "I love you too" before reattaching my lips to hers. Although we've kissed hundreds of times before this, it's different, I can't quite explain it, it isn't sexual or overly lustful, it's loving, tender, it's a moment that I'll remember forever.

End of flashback