Chapter 3: What You're Proposing

The request Johnny advanced that afternoon haunted me for the entirety of the following day. All sorts of doubts sparked in my head, my conscience was under pressure from all the self-doubting.

After doing my best to avoid any sort of encounter with Johnny and the other Cobra Kais, I offered Daniel a ride for the following morning. I felt like too much was going on that I didn't know about, especially between him and Ali, and at the rate their relationship was going I was afraid I soon wouldn't have time to catch up.

I tapped my nails on the milky-coated steel of my car as I patiently waited for Daniel to join me. When he arrived he got inside quickly, muttered a greeting, and turned toward the window without even sparing me a look.

«Well, good morning to you too Daniel», I comment between gritted teeth sarcastically. He sat there with an uneasy demeanor, «Are you going to turn around anytime soon, or do you plan on staying like that for the whole ride?», I inquire in hopes of receiving any sign from him as a response. He faced me slowly, his face cringed as if he were a little child who was caught doing something he wasn't supposed to.

I took a quick glance at him at first, but I hit the brakes suddenly when I realized he had a massive bruise on the top of his forehead. «Holy shit, what happened!», I question worriedly, but I didn't need an actual answer to know who was responsible for his injury. «They did this, didn't they?», I ask, although it comes out more like a statement. An angry groan comes out of my mouth, as I pressed on the acceleration pedal with all the strength I had in my body.

Daniel hurried out of the car as soon as I parked, but I wasn't paying much attention to him, since I spotted a few familiar red jackets from a distance. I stormed in their direction, while my bag aggressively bounced up and down on my hip. «I need to talk to you», I demanded as I pushed Johnny's shoulder, so he could turn to me. He crossed his arms, glancing down at me, waiting for me to speak. «Alone», I hissed at his mates, who left nonchalantly.

«One date, Lawrence», I whispered furiously. His eyes lit up at the sound of my words, and the corners of his lips quirked up into a victorious grin. His smugness made me sick and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

I turned back away from him, not wanting this act to last a minute longer. «I'll pick you up tonight a 7!», I heard him holler as I quickly made my way to class.

-

Even though my goal was not the one to impress Johnny, I still thought it was fair to make an effort in looking good for the night; after all, I still have a reputation to uphold. I looked at the picked-out clothes, that were laying graciously on top of my bed sheets, as I took the rollers out of my freshly washed hair.

As soon as the clock on my desk hit 7:00 o'clock, I precipitated down the staircase, grabbed my purse, and walked out of the front door, to avoid any questions from either of my parents, to whom I had kept my plans for the night a secret.

Much to my surprise, Johnny was already standing in my driveway, and the sound of the door closing must have caught him off guard since he turned around rigidly. I strutted toward him and watched him smile eagerly. «You look good» he pointed out as he scratched the back of his head; «I know», I snapped back annoyed.

He hands me a spare helmet and hopped on his bike. I handled the object with hesitation and a certain anxious feeling. «Come on Y/n. I swear it won't be that bad, I'm a pretty decent driver you know», his voice came muffled from underneath his helmet. «What makes you think this is my first time getting on one of these things?» I remarked; he looked at me up and down before a confident expression appeared on his face, «Yeah, no, it definitely is», he swore while nodding his head positively. He was right, it was