Chapter 9: Danger Zone

⚠️DISCLAIMER⚠️

This chapter contains mentions of smut and sexual activities

«I can't believe my mother wants to go all the way to Washington to celebrate Thanksgiving» Johnny complained as we sat on his bike in the school's parking lot, discussing our plans for the weekend with the others.

«You don't have to go if you don't want to» I sympathize and he gives me a puzzled look. «Are you kidding me? Sid will slaughter me if I don't, besides I don't wanna stay home alone, that's so depressing» he groans.

«Why don't you stay with us? Have dinner with me and my family, maybe they'll speak to me again if someone else is there» I suggest while caressing his forearm gently.

«Are you sure it's a good idea?» he wondered worriedly, «Not at all, but I might as well die trying» I joke, we both sneer and he leans to give me a quick peck on my lips.

«Hey Sue, I haven't met your parents yet, can I come over for Thanksgiving» Tommy huffs dumbly and sneaks his arms around her waist, and Susan rolled her eyes annoyed, «Let's keep it that way» she retorted snobbishly while shoving him off of her.

We all exploded in laughter as we watched Tommy's face fall into a sore pout before parting ways.

-

«Great, you're here! Taste this» I beam at Johnny who was still standing at the entranceway as I shoved a piece of cupcake down his throat.

He choked and coughed up a few crumbs, «It's good». «Good? I spent the whole day making these» I groan disappointed.

«No, no babe, they're great» he corrected distractedly, his gaze fixated on my chest, wrapped in a recently purchased short red dress; «Eyes up here, Lawrence!» I command, snapping my fingers at his face.

«I'm sorry, you're so beautiful» he murmured as he leaned in for a deep kiss, wrapping his arms around my lower back.

The cold sound of my father clearing his throat forced us apart. «Mr. Y/l/n, Mrs. Y/l/n, it's a pleasure to meet you» Johnny hurried to shake their hands politely. They both plastered a fake smile of kindness on their faces and invited us to the dining room.

«Well, they hate me» he sighed defeated. «No, no they don't, it's me they hate, they're just taking out on you to piss me off» I reassure sorrowfully caressing his cheek.

A sudden squeal made us snap our heads in the direction of the hall. It was impossible for me not to recognize loud cheery screeches, and I sighed with displeasure embracing myself for an interesting night.

Just as I predicted a few seconds later, Daniel appeared in the large bricked arched-way. My whole body tensed up as a round of harsh piercing glares was exchanged between me, him, and Johnny.

«Come on, let's get the food on the table» I pulled Johnny's arm and dragged him to the kitchen, stomping my heels loudly over the holiday music.

«What the fuck is he doing here, why didn't you tell me?» Johnny riled up under his breath. «Trust me, I didn't know, or else I would've come with you to Washington» I comfort him, placing my hands on his chest.

Ever since our argument at the restaurant, me and Daniel didn't dare to speak a word to each other. We turned heads if we met in the halls, and I loudly revved past him if I spotted him riding on the school's sidewalk.

Just because he found out the wrong way, it didn't mean that I would stop myself from seeing Johnny, and I know that infuriated him, considering he stormed past us lividly every time he saw us together.