Chapter 11: The Moment of The Truth

⚠️DISCLAIMER⚠️

This chapter contains mentions of smut and sexual activities

Waking up, my first instinct was to peek at my calendar. I stand in front of the numbers, rubbing the sleep off my eyes.

December 19th, the day had finally arrived.

I was eating distractedly in my kitchen, wondering about the past months. I couldn't help but think how much has happened in such a short amount of time, and how it had seemed to flash in front of me before I could even realize it.

I sat in my car with my mother beside me, fixing my hair in the rearview mirror, before I took a deep breath in, trying to settle down.

«God, I'm so nervous» I confessed out loud. «Oh honey, you don't have to worry, Daniel will be amazing, I'm sure» she reassured.

His name caught me off guard, but that was because before she spoke about it, my mind didn't even go to him.

«Yeah, Daniel right... I hope he does well too» I murmured. I could see her glance at me from the corner of my eye but kept on looking at the road, my head in absolute turmoil.

I jumped out of the car as soon as we parked, immediately spotting the boys, already talking to Susan and Barbara.

«Y/n, there's Daniel, let's go» my mother pointed out. I looked back at her and stopped instantly. «Uh, you go ahead, I'm gonna say hi to Johnny and the boys» I deflected, not giving her the time to answer, as I was already on my feet.

«Ah, there's my favorite girl!» Johnny exclaims as I jump in his arms to hug him tightly. We broke apart and he looked down at me contented. «Are you nervous?» I asked softly.

«Nah, definitely not now that you're here» he whispered closely and placed a loving kiss on my temple, holding the sides of my head in his hands.

I massaged his tense shoulders as we went on talking with the others, trying our best to relieve the tension that was thick in the air around us.

Suddenly, Kreese appeared and ordered the boys to go get ready inside, with a cold and harsh tone that chilled me to my bones.

«Alright, go get 'em, tiger!» I encouraged and we exchanged one more lingering kiss. «Meet me near the bathrooms after the qualifications, alright, I'll see you then» he yelled as he ran inside, waving his hand at me confidently.

The girls and I joined the rest of the crowd on the seats inside, finding some empty spots just a row above my mother and Lucille.

From afar I followed closely the distant figures on the mats. Daniel went first. He looked absolutely clueless about everything he was supposed to do and kept on running away from his opponent.

I was glad he eventually set his mind to it and managed to defeat the guy, making everyone around him cheer proudly.

But my stomach started stirring with anticipation when it was the Cobra Kai boys' turn. Bobby was the first one to go, and he effortlessly took his rival out, and we all cheered loudly at his success.

When Johnny came on the mat I felt the world slow down, and I could feel everything around me move so steadily. I observed him standing there so beautiful, so solemn, in all he was. I recognized the concentration on his face as his features hardened, making him look so intimidating, something that I wasn't accustomed to seeing him anymore.

My heart leaped when he quickly ended his adversary and went back to his team proudly.

It proceeded like that for a while; Daniel actually won over a few Cobra Kais, leaving me quite impressed.