Chapter 5: Crazy for You

I was ecstatic about the weekend approaching, as I strolled the crowded halls, glad it was the last school day of the week. Much to my surprise, the uneasy feeling that had been killing me for the past few days seemed to have been replaced by something new. I still felt sick when I thought about Daniel and Ali finding out about me and Johhny. Yet still I somewhat felt comfort when I thought of him. Along with another kind of feeling.

A wet stamp was planted on my shoulder while I was sitting on one of the benches during a break between lessons. «Are you crazy! What are you doing?» I yelp in shock as I turned to meet Johnny's icy blue eyes. He chuckles at my worrying «Relax no one's watching»; «It's not funny, you can't do that here» I scold him. It felt incredibly hard to keep my composure, especially when he stood there striking at me while poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue. «I'll see you later», I murmur under my breath strutting away, rolling my eyes, but nonetheless with a smirk playing on my lips.

-

«Come on Y/n, Tommy said it was fine if we sat with them!», Susan pleaded while pushing me around the cafeteria until we approached the boys' table. I sat across from Johnny and greeted the others. I was starting to get preoccupied with the thought of Daniel walking in and seeing me sitting with them.

I looked around for any sign of him but wasn't able to see him anywhere. I turned back and Johnny was looking at me with heavy eyelids and his facial muscles were tensing up. I thought now that we had whatever we had going on, it was time for a little payback for all his wrong-doings.

I faked interest in a stupid debate that Tommy and Dutch were engaged in as I innocently moved my foot up his leg. He gave me a merciful look that just shrugged off carelessly. I repeated my action causing him to shift in his seat and I snickered silently at his reaction.

Having obtained what I wanted, and checked my watch for the time, before telling Susan we had to leave. I trailed my hand on the table as I walked past Johnny before heading off to class.

«Oh my God, Y/n he looks at you like he wants to eat you!» Susan says both excited and disgusted at the same time. I giggle at her words and sit down at my desk before my mind wanders off dreamily.

-

I was waiting for Daniel, because I promised I would drive him back home, when Johnny came up to me. «I'm gonna get you back for your little act at lunch, just be ready», he announced annoyingly but still maintaining a snicker on his face. «Are you threatening me?» I reply, pretending to be offended. He snorts jovially before looking down at his shoes in doubt, «Do you have any plans for tonight?». I'm taken back by his words and my eyes slightly widen, but then my brows fall into a sorrowful expression when I remembered the promise I made to my parents early this morning, «Not really, but my parents are going out of town for a business dinner or something like that, and I swore I wouldn't leave the house», I explain.

«Screw them! They'll never find out anyway» he bantered giving my hips a gentle squeeze. I grab his wrists, afraid that Daniel could show up at any time, and look up at him sadly, «I know, but if they call and I don't answer they'll have the fucking police knocking at my door» I sighed. The corners of his lips curl downwards in disappointment. «I mean, I have to drive Daniel home, but we could see each other after» I suggest trying to cheer him up.

He clicks his tongue in discontent, «I can't, I have to train». Now we both have a similar expression of gloominess, but I was quick to recompose myself when I spotted Daniel walking towards me in the distance. «Danny's coming, you better get going» I whisper with a hint of sadness in my voice. He rolls his eyes and sighs, before giving me one last knowing look ad walking away, making sure to graze his fingers against my arm.