Chapter 8: Papa Don't Preach

«Johnny, I have to go» I giggled while he nibbled at my neck, as we lay on his bed tangled in each other's arms. «Nooo don't! Stay please» he whined immaturely, causing me to laugh to myself as I put my top back on.

We both stood up facing each other, our faces inches apart, when a sudden erupting sound of the door opening made us jump startled.

«What are still doing here you have practice» his step-father scolded aggressively. «I'm sorry sir, it's my fault, I was just going» I apologized weakly. «Shut up! Just leave» he attacked.

«Hey, don't talk to her like that!» Johnny barked before his stepfather landed a hard slap on the back of his head. I yelped frightened and shyly looked up with terror.

Johnny offered me a frail look, and lowered his head, «I'll call you, just go» he mumbled before I hurried outside, while their arguing voices faded behind me.

I walked down the block with my arms tightly crossed, lost in my thoughts. I knew Johnny wouldn't allow anyone to walk over him, and to see him so defeated made my heart ache with worry and sadness.

Ever since the discussion with my mother, I haven't really talked to her or my father, and that's why I was so taken aback when I met them sitting together in the kitchen with scheming looks on their faces.

They didn't notice me at first, as they were bickering under their breaths. I was greeted with excessive enthusiasm, which made me quirk up an eyebrow suspiciously, as my mother pushed me to sit at the table.

«I'm sure you remember all about my business trip to Irvine, don't you Y/n?» my father begins. I reminisce through the memories of that night when Johnny surprised me by showing up at my doorstep, causing my cheeks to assume a slight red tint.

«Well, we happened to have encountered a new corporate member on our stay, and we went all night talking about you» he proceeds confidently. I cock my head to the side suspiciously, unsure about what toll the conversation was going to take.

«Mr. Frazer also has a son, and he is also seventeen, just like you» he appealed while exchanging a knowing look with my mother. «We thought, that it would be nice if you two met each other, go on a date maybe. I think you will like him a lot. He's superbly smart, serious, determina-» he rambled snobbishly.

«You have to be kidding me!» I cut him off heatedly. «I can't go on a date with this guy» I fumed. «Oh, you will. They're in town for a few days, I invited them to the country club tonight» he disclosed presumptuous.

«Well have a good fucking time, because I am not coming!» I hiss tempestuously. «Watch your tongue, young lady. You are coming, and you are going to make the boy enjoy himself. End of discussion» he commanded.

«You always said boys were a waste of time, and now you're forcing me to go out with a fucker who I don't even know!» I yell exasperated.

«He is a good kid, not like those idiots you hang out with! Don't you think your mother told me about the other night? Showing up here so loudly, driving recklessly, probably drunk or high, or who knows what else!» he accused while pointing his finger at me aggressively, making me clench my fists. «Charles has got a bright future ahead of him, he already got into Stanford, and that is because he knows better than to sleep around or barge in every night, making a mess!» he shouts, giving me a nasty look.

«Right, I should've fucking known! Of course, he's going to Stanford! Is it so hard for you to let me make my own choices for once in my life? Everything I do, everything is for you: I study my ass off, I quit cheerleading, I'm going to go to fucking Stanford and become a lawyer! Has it ever crossed your mind that I don't care about any of these things? At least my friends make me happy! Don't you wanna see me happy?» I break down, waving my arms in the air maniacally.