Attacks

Within a couple of weeks after Cato and Clove went to the fair school was let out for the summer. For everyone in the whole Jr. high school felt they have three months of freedom. Like no homework, anticipation of getting report cards, getting up at the crack of dawn, awful cafeteria food. Instead it's replaced by sleep overs, traveling, sleeping in, parties, trips to the malls, and hanging with friends and family. The time that was spent for Cato and Cloves summer held great days swimming, bbq's at Cato's house, going to the movies and going out taking walks around their town. Some people would think that Cato and Clove were brother and sister cause they'd always were together. Though there bond between the other was special. They both trusted the other and one of their true testaments came upon them that summer.

It happened the day after the 4th of July, where Clove was to come over to Cato's house early the next day to go hiking with his mom. It was told to arrive no later then 5:00 in the morning so that they would have plenty of time to get to the foothills by 8am. Clove woke up about 4:15 to give herself a head start in packing for the day. She was going to back up that night but was too tired from the chores she was forced to do. Though cause of the loss that Clove didn't pack that night she scrambled anything she could see that would be useful.

From extra shirts, a comb, a couple of books, a water, sunscreen and a flash light she was set. With one quick look around her room she gathers her bag and tip toes down the stairs. Quietly she sneaks in the kitchen hoping to leave a reminder for her parents that she will be out for the day with Cato and his mom. Quickly she goes into the fridge that had mostly milk products, veggies, some lunch meat and condiments.

"Is this all we have?"  She said grumbly resting the side of her head on the fridge door. As she pushed her way around the condiments the clock dongs five. Dong, dong, dong dong, dong! "Shoot I'm late now."

Finally after she was about to give up she finds a bruised banana in the far back, of the shelf with the pickles. Swiftly she grabs it puts it in her pack and heads out the door. Clove arrives huffing and puffing but mostly surprised at what she saw. Two new faces she had never seen before stood by Cato and his mom's car.

"Clove your finally here thank goodness!" Cato was leaning on the car carrying a conversation.

"Sorry I was looking for something to take to eat, we have like nothing." Cato laughs a bit. Though Clove stares at the new faces feeling uncomfortable.

One was a boy with blondish hair who wore a black baseball cap and a green shirt with jeans. The girl had brown hair with braids and wore an orange shirt with overalls. Clove slowly approached them and leans in more to Cato. Who turns to her feeling as though he knew he needed to do introductions.

"Oh Clove, this is Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen they're friends from my church youth group."

Slowly not sure what to think of the new comers but still she tries to pull out a smile. Katniss could sense tension so she tries to ease it. "Hi, it's nice to meet you." She said kindly as she pulls out her right hand out of her pocket.

Clove reaches out her hand and together their hands clasp together. Peeta too shakes her hand soon after.

"Hey guys lets get a move on it." Said Cato's mom from the inside of the car peeking through the drivers window.

"Lets roll out!" Cato said humorously. Peeta and Katniss both laughed but Clove held it in and climbed in the back seat alone until Cato joined her. During the ride up Clove got to know more about Peeta and Katniss.

"I live with my parents, my mom is a RN at a children's hospital, my dad is a engineer, ummmm oh and of course my baby sister Primrose. Well she's not a baby she's actually three now but you know what I mean!" Katniss giggled at herself and puts her palms in her face in embarrassment.