Winter Wonderland cont.(The bonding of the Bonfire)

When the boys arrived to there room they had a similar set up: a t.v. fridge, a desk and two twin size beds.  "Um don't tell me one of us is going to have to sleep with the other?"  Peeta said cautiously pointing to the bed. 

Cato drops his Nike duffle bag onto the bed and turns halfway to him.  "You bet and it ain't going to be with me either..Marvel and you can share that one." 

Peeta gives out a painful look at his friend who just smiles in return. 

"This is a pretty cool set up."  Marvel says coming out from the bathroom. 

"Marvel you and I have to share this bed."  Peeta says less then enthusiastic

 He looks to Peeta oddly and laughs.  "Ha yeah very funny, no really where do I sleep?" Cato points to the bed that Peeta sits on.  "Really?"  Peeta laughs uncontrollably at his friend Marvel.  And because of that Marvel starts to attack from the bed to fight for who gets it.  

Cato watches from the side as his friends attack playfully.  After a few soft punches and hits with the pillows Cato comes in and breaks them up.  "Guys come on."  As he jumps on top of the two boys who tried getting him.  But soon Cato was able to restrain them both to were they quit altogether.  "HEY.. settle down or I'll have to do something about it."  The two guys laughed and ruffled a little on Cato and then went to their luggage to unpack.

Within the hour both the boys and girls took the time to unpack and put on extra layer of shirts and pants.  Clove was in the bath room pulling her hair into a pony which had gotten long enough to where Clove knew she had to cut it soon.  "You ready?"  Katniss says as she gather her camera into her bag.  

Slowly with her head slightly down she looks off to the side of her bed. "Yeah lets go!"  She says reassuringly.

Down the lobby stood the boys at the front desk looking though the activities for the days that would follow.  "Not much is happening today they have some kiddy ski lessons most of the day.  And their keeping everyone off the north side because of the bad storms they've had."  Cato sounded a little disappointed as he leaned into the dark wooden desk. 

"Yeah but they do have this cool traditional bonfire gathering every Friday night for we can scout things out today and do the bonfire tonight."  Marvel said with a hopeful voice.  The girls agreed that would be a fine idea.  

The resort was astonishing beautiful, not only was it full of glistening snow down the hills but the lodge itself was just as beautiful.  From the snow mobiles, ski's, and ice rink you could use.  But they also had a place in the lodge for a sauna, game room and indoor pool.  Once they found the game room they pretty much spent the afternoon there playing air hockey and Dungeon Games.  Which was basically where people who were trapped in a dark castle dungeon and had to kill off it's enemies and reach the top before the time ran out.

  By the time 5:00 rolled by they decided to grab something to eat the lodge held it's famous tri-tip sandwiches, pasta salads and delicious homemade chocolate mousse cake.  The boys took every advantage of the free food and kept piling it into there stomaches, Katniss and Clove however stayed with the green salads.  For maybe it was smart cause after they had all eaten the boys stomaches felt awful and were turning into a whirl in their stomaches.  Afterwards the crew had rested and changed into warmer clothes, them and a bunch of others went to the back of the lodge to join the bonfire.  People from all over town traveled great distance just to be apart of hearing the true legends that would come to life.  Mr Hawkins, known as "The Hawk" was one of many who told some of these legendary stories.

The fire was just about making a break through the wood when the group arrived.  Peeta, Cato, Clove, Marvel and Katniss all sat next to the other as they formed around the fire pit.  Suddenly as the circle was about to close up Glimmer out of no where squeezed in between Peeta and another girl from the right of him.  Glimmer had a purple hooded jacket that looked like an eskimo who didn't seem to be familiar with the cold.  Glimmer does however happen to slightly smile at Cato once she realized he was there too.

"Welcome everyone!  I'm glad to see a great turn out.  My name is Hawk and I have worked and lived here for most of my life."  Said Hawkins in a deep voice and everyone who had been whispering earlier stopped to listen.  "Now most of you know many wise tales are told about heroes that roam among us.  But this one I'm about to tell you all is not told often for it is a very rare female legend.  Which is why I like it so much."  Clove leans in closer to the pit to listen in and so the legend was told:  Katana Hillthorne also known as Owl was of the Suiox tribes and the daughter of the chiefs.  She roamed the village as any other female in the tribe.  Except for one small factor...for she was a believer.  She was the strongest of a believer their, that it was only true that people could come to her about anything and she knew what to do.  One day as Katana was sixteen she was told of a story herself how a couple years back a young traveler set foot to the highest mountain called Black Widow one of the worlds most dangerous and highest mountains of all time.  But as scary as it was no one heard or saw he had returned most thought he died within days.  Some people made the attempts to go up but faltered. So by three weeks of trying to go out it was soon forgotten.

 Katana always wondered if that traveler did survive the hike up, let alone how was he making a living if he did?  The night before she was told the story once again she told her father she would make the discovery someday soon.  But all her father said was: "Women like you stay home cook, clean tend to us men, women don't take dangerous journey for that is unheard of and will never happen."  Yet as much as that may have been discouraging it made Katana more determined.  As dawn broke the following day she risked not only her life but her fathers word.  For eight days she traveled to the mountain  living off berries, ox meat when she saw and killed and drinks from the river which she followed.  Then it was another dangerous four day up the mountain.

Hawkins pauses to see the reactions of the peoples thoughts were.  "So what happened next?  Did she make it up, did she find the lost traveler?"  Peeta said as he was glued into it. 

Hawkins nods:  "Remarkably she does make it up."  In pure exhaustion she finds a deep dark cave and inside that cave was the young boy traveler.  As it turned out he kept himself alive all those years by a single berry bush, birds that lurked the skies and water that would melt off the snow.

Katana and Adam became great friends at the time they stayed on the mountain and built a deep friend ship through learning their languages and traditions.  At one point Katana had asked him why he never returned.  Fear was his only response but Katan told him he must face his struggle and that he owed it to himself to return back.  So within a day or so after they had done just that...together.  In the arrival of coming back to the tribe both Katana and Adam were greeted with open arms.  Even Katana's father was proud saying:  "I will never doubt you my wise owl."  And to this day no man or women did go the great lengths that she once did.  And after that journey Adam and Katana continued to be great friends throughout their years.