Capitol High

"Riiiing"  Goes the alarm clock beside her bed.  The sun was just barely sneaking out of the window which made it even harder for Clove to accept the fact it was time to get up.  But with the alarm going off and some birds chattering away already it was pretty obvious it was that time.  "Nooo! Really?"  She says as winningly  as she pulls off the covers from her head.  Glancing at the clock it read 6:40 am.  With a hard slap on the midnight blue alarm she makes it stop making that awful blaring sound.  Releasing her hand it dangles onto the side of the bed.  "Ugh I don't want to get up." She says thinking to herself allowing one eye open and the other closed.

  But of course she had no choice so she pulls herself to a stand by her bed.  Staring, standing in one spot until she tip toes to her closet.  Slowly she touches her shirts and sweaters one by one as if she was blind.  Back and forth her fingers linger on the soft or rough fabrics.  Finally by the third round she picked out a white blouse and a purple plaid skirt that was given to her from her grandmother last year on her birthday.  "Well I guess this will have to do."  

  As she pulls it out to examine it.  After changing she brushed her teeth and combed her hair.  She had really hoped to put in a bun but with it being damp from her shower last night it was too wavy where it wouldn't corporate.  So she just decided to straighten it and let it loose.  

  "Clove hurry up and get some breakfast before you leave."  Her mother hollering from down stairs.  

  "I'll be there in a minute."  Quickly she puts on some lip gloss dashes to her closet finding the first pair of black shoes and gets her car keys and heads down stairs.  

  Clove practically misses some steps causing her to almost fall face flat onto the ground.  "Whoa easy there sweetie."  Grace was just coming back from getting the morning paper and was lucky enough to be near the stairs to catch her.  

  "I'm fine, thanks."  

  Her mother pulls out a smile.  "Okay let me see how you look."  But as Clove stands back for her mom the smile that she once had starts to fade.  "What are you wearing?  You look like some orphan going to a boarding school."  

  Clove rolls her eyes.  "Gee thanks mom, I really needed to hear that from you right now."  Clove angrily walks awe heading into the kitchen.  

  "Honey I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."  She said as she flaps the morning paper in her hand following her daughter.  

  "Don't bother mom, it's really fine."  Clove glumly peels the freshly banana on the fruit stand and breaks it into a small piece where she shoved it in her bag pack.  

"You have time to change right?" Her mother said almost in a hopeful voice.

 Clove cocks her head getting annoyed by her mothers complaining.  "No, it's 7:15 I have to go like now."  She then put the last but huge piece in her mouth and takes the peel to the trash.  'I'll just deal with it."  

  Her mother wasn't sure how to take her daughters reply but hugs her anyway.  "Have a great day sweetie!"  Clove looks swiftly back at her mother but doesn't say anything.