[4]

P E R S O N
chapter four || to seek inspiration.
laila's pov

"Okay, so that's Rainbow Café. They have good coffee and the best pastries in all of Sydney," Calum giggled pointing to a pink shop.

I nodded and we continued walking down the street. He had his arm snaked around my waist again, I guess this was a regular thing now. I didn't mind though.

"You smell like vanilla," Calum mumbled, his lips dangerously close to my ear.

"Is it bad? My mom bought if for me the other week," I rambled as we turned the corner.

Calum chuckled, "No no, it's good."

I felt my cheeks heat up. I was so awkward around him. But I liked it, he made me feel happy. Even if I've only known him for a week or two, I was slowly but surely getting used to being around him.

"This is the museum, I've never been though. Not really my crowd," Calum said, fixing his beanie.

It was starting to get cold since fall was approaching us. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a black jacket. He had on black boots, and his cheeks were a bit red.

"You don't like art? You write art," I laughed as we continued to stare at the building.

"Poetry is not art," Calum shook his head.

"Yes it is!" I gasped, "Calum are you serious?"

"Look, I'd love to argue with you about this but we need something to inspire us so can we keep going?" Calum rolled his eyes at me in a playful way.

"Why don't we go inside? Paintings give inspiration," I smiled, tugging him towards the front door.

"I'm pretty sure paintings made by forty year olds will not give me inspiration," Calum mumbled, pulling me down the street.

"You're no fun," I huffed, my lips going into a thin line.

He walked us into an alley and turned his back toward the sidewalk. He pulled some things out of his pocket. He shuffled with them before showing me.

They were drugs. I gasped and my eyes were wide.

Calum smirked, "I'm not a drug addict! I just got it from Mikey. It might help us."

"You're insane. I'm not talking those, that's bad for you," I snapped, rolling my eyes at him.

"Don't roll your eyes at me," Calum muttered, rolling the green stuff into a white paper.

"Don't tell me what to do," I scoffed, hitting my back against the concrete building.

"Laila, it's just a little spliff. I promise nothing will happen. Drugs make you think differently so maybe we could figure out what to write about," Calum explained.

"That's the dumbest reasoning," I giggled.

"Take it," Calum insisted putting one in my hand. He lit the other one and was already smoking.

He sat down with his back against the concrete wall. I slid down, and faced him since he had the lighter. What was I doing? I don't smoke. First for everything.

Calum lit mine up, and I held it. I examined it for a bit and Calum began laughing.

"I don't know how to smoke," I whined, holding the spliff in between my thumb and pointer finger.

"Put it in between your lips, and just inhale Laila," Calum spoke softly, he kept his spliff in his mouth as he talked.

I did as told, and I think I held it in too long because I began coughing. Calum instantly snatched the spliff away from me.

"You've got to exhale it Laila!" Calum snapped, a small smirk playing on his lips.

I didn't say anything I just kept coughing. Calum threw the two spliffs on the ground and stomped on them.

"Maybe this was a bad idea, I can't be responsible for your death," Calum joked, lifting me up with his free hand.

"That was the worst idea," I snapped, brushing the dirt off my jeans.

"Now for plan B," Calum announced, grabbing my hand as we walked out of the alley.

Calum lived a few blocks from the alley we were in. He lived in a grey house that had a lot of pretty flowers. He told me his mother was obsessed with gardening and did this a lot.

They were probably going to die soon because of the cold weather coming our way. I was in Calum's room waiting for him to come back.

He had soccer posters all over his room and it was fairly dirty. He had clothes on the floor but it still smelt really good. He always smelt really good. His door opened and their he was.

He was wearing grey sweatpants now, but his shirt was magically gone. He was holding two bottles of alcohol.

"Don't look at me! I'm naked, you freak," Calum laughed turning around. He grabbed a red shirt from his dresser and tossed it on.

"You're so weird," I mumbled shaking my head at him, "Why did you bring those?"

He sat down beside me on the bed next to me, "To seek inspiration."

"Calum I'm not getting drunk with you. How am I suppose to get home?" I mumbled.

"I could drive you," Calum suggested.

"You're going to be drunk," I laughed, furrowing my eyebrows at him. He rolled his eyes.

"I guess I don't really think through my plans," Calum frowned, setting the bottles down.

I felt my phone buzz. I looked at it, it was my mom. Perfect timing. I was suppose to be home in ten minutes. I didn't realize it was already seven.

"Who's that?" Calum asked, trying his best to snatch my phone but failed miserably, "Your boyfriend?"

"My mom!" I laughed, "It was nice drinking with you, but I have to go."

"Oh, do you want me to walk you? My sister has my car or else I'd drive you."

I shook my head, "it's fine. I'll text you."

___________________

this was a bit interesting
yaayaya
thx for all the votes love (:
& spliff is weed.