[10]

P E R S O N

chapter ten || it's complicated.

laila's pov:

He kissed me and now he won't talk to me. Calum was sitting across from Luke and I at the lunch table. He didn't look at me all day.

Last night was so awkward. I don't regret anything though. I mean, he kissed me so he obviously wanted to. Or else he would have pulled away.

Luke and Natalie were basically making out in front of me which was starting to get annoying. I mean can't they do that somewhere else? He was literally eating her face. Luke bumped into me and Calum chuckled softly. Finally his eyes met mine.

He looked away slowly but not before smirking. He took a sip of his water and began scrolling down his phone.

"Luke," Calum spoke up sharply, "Go do that somewhere else. You are both annoying."

I managed to laugh. Natalie gave Calum a dirty look before snatching her bag. She got up quickly, sighing loudly. She stormed off and Luke stood up, giving Calum an eye roll.

"Stop it! Why don't you just support our relationship?" Luke roared, slamming his fists on the table. Luckily, no one was in the cafeteria since we were skipping.

"Support you guys making out every five seconds in front of Laila and I? You're delusional," He snapped back, furrowing his eyebrows at him.

Luke scoffed before following after Natalie. Calum muttered something under his breath. Now it was just the two of us.

We didn't talk for a while. He wasn't wearing a beanie today which made him look extremely good. His fluffy hair looked so soft, and the bright blonde hair was fading.

He bit on his bottom lip every few minutes, and his eyes would flicker up to meet mine. He parted his lips every few minutes as if he were going to talk. He kept tapping his screen. I wanted to ask him about last night, but I was afraid.

"I can't date you," He sighed, laying his phone flat on the table. He sat a bit straighter, and his arms were folded against his chest.

I snapped, "I never asked you to."

"I know. But I know how you girls think. A little small kiss, and all of a sudden I'm your boyfriend. I'm just letting you know," Calum shrugged. Instantly, my face had no emotion.

"Obviously that's what you think. Girls are not that stupid. At least I'm not," I scoffed, my lips turning into a thin line.

"I don't do the whole boyfriend girlfriend thing. It's too complicated," Calum continued, giggling like a little boy. He was obviously oblivious to the fact that I was mad.

"I wouldn't want you to be my boyfriend," I scoffed, rolling my green orbs. This caused Calum's smile to turn into a frown.

"Laila, look don't be mad. I just - I don't want to lead you on," He stumbled, trying his best to get me to look at him.

"You didn't. I think I'm going to go home. I'll see you tomorrow or something, I need to get out of here," I said calmly. I wanted to fall down and cry. He literally rejected me.

"Do you need a ride?" He asked, standing up.

I rolled my eyes once more, "I think I'll walk actually."

"Walk?" he chuckled, "you live fifteen minutes away by car. I can't imagine walking."

I ignored him, and began walking away. I could hear his footsteps right behind me. He wasn't going to let me leave. He grabbed my wrist gently, which made me turn around.