[6]

P E R S O N

chapter seven || presenting.

laila's pov

"Laila! Calum!" Our teacher called out. I felt my heart drop. I was scared.

Calum looked over at me and he could instantly tell. He squeezed my hand and reassured me with his eyes.

"Our poem is amazing Laila," he told me softly, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

I nodded and let out a small smile. We walked up to the front. Luke and Natalie were sitting with each other, and whispering things.

Calum held the poem in his hands and shuffled closer to me.

"What's the poem called?" The teacher spoke again.

"Weekend," Calum said nervously, "Can we start now?"

Our teacher nodded and quickly I spoke. I was trying my best not to rush through it.

"Friday afternoon. Your alluring eyes were warm and enchanting - a deep, velvety brown like the toasty
cappuccino sitting in front of me. Instead of drinking the coffee, I drink in the breath-taking sight of your beauty," I said, my voice a bit shaky.

I was so nervous. I wanted to hide, but Calum was right beside me so I felt safe. Besides they were all probably staring at him.

"Saturday night. Your physical touch is electrifying and sends waves of tingles trickling down my spine. Our hands fumble for each other's buttons clumsily because we're both too enraptured to compose ourselves," He spoke.

"Sunday morning. The effervescent rays of sunshine spill through the window blinds. Our legs are tangled under the bedsheets, our bodies snugly intertwined. I laugh because your morning face looks funny, you just lean down to kiss me on the forehead and tell me that I'm beautiful," once I stopped, Calum automatically started. It went so smooth.

"So we'll laugh, tease and jokingly call each other names, but I won't tell you how I really feel, because you won't feel the same," Calum said softly. Everyone started clapping.

People were yelling out encore which caused me to chuckle into Calum's chest. He pulled me in really tight. He whispered you did amazing love. Which caused me to feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

"Okay. So I know we all know what the poem was about, but please explain," Mrs. Thompson spoke. I finally learned her name.

Calum looked at me, almost asking with his eyes if it was okay for him to talk. I shook my head quickly and he smirked at me before looking away.

"It's about two people who are in denial about their feelings towards each other. It's evident, but they choose to ignore it. The boy wants her to confess but she's too scared to get hurt. Once she realizes, it's too late, and the boy has moved on," Calum spoke clearly, looking straight ahead.

Everyone cooed and Calum's cheeks heated up. He rolled his eyes playfully before grabbing my hand and walking back to the desk.

____________________

"You dick head," I yelled, trying to grab the remote from Luke. It was a mistake inviting all of them over.

Natalie was sitting beside Luke and I was sitting by Calum. I had a bowl of popcorn, and Calum was sitting on his phone. He was texting someone.

"Let's watch Space Jam," Calum suggested. He stretched his arm wide, leaving it to dangle over my shoulder.

I laughed, but picked it. It was $6.99 to order from Shaw On Demand. Once the movie started Luke dimmed the lights and grabbed some blankets from the cabinet. He tossed Calum and I one.

Calum wrapped the blanket around us and I immediately felt his arms snake around my waist. He pulled me in really close. My back was against his chest and his chin was balancing gently on my head.

We watched the movie in silence but not without Natalie and Luke kissing every four minutes. I knew they both liked each other. I don't think Calum noticed because he was so into the movie. He's such a boy.

Calum shuffled a little and now we were in a spooning position. I could feel his hot breath on my neck but I don't think he did it on purpose.

"Did you even want to watch this movie?" Calum mumbled. His lips moved against my neck which caused me to gasp.

"No, but it's f-fine," I told him, stumbling on my words a bit. I was blushing like crazy.

Calum chuckled lightly, "You're so cute."

I didn't answer, instead a giggled nervously and Calum kissed the top of my head before sighing and readjusting his eyes back to the screen.

_____________________

"Kelsey, what should I wear?" I asked, holding up a pair of black leggings or light washed jeans.

Kelsey was wearing dark jeans and a white knitted sweater. Her hair was curled and she had the nicest lined wing on her eye.

"Leggings, with a sweater. Show off your bum! Calum would like it," She teased.

We had school in an half hour and Kelsey offered me a ride. We haven't really talked since the incident because she's been avoiding the group.

"Speaking of Calum, how are things with him?" I asked her, throwing the jeans on the floor and picking out a red lifeguard sweater.

"He apologized to me last night, but that's about it. I'm not into him he's all yours," Kelsey giggled, taking a seat on my bed.

I quickly changed my clothes and left my hair wavy. I grabbed my MK bag and tossed my phone inside.

"And what makes you so sure that I'm into him?" I answered back, adding some lip chap to my lips.

"You don't have to be into him. If Calum wants you, Calum gets you," Kelsey explained.

I laughed, "We're just friends."

Kelsey rolled her eyes at me, "Just friends yeah right."

"Fine! Maybe I developed a small crush on him but, I'm not good enough for Calum. He's tall and muscular and athletic. I'm just Laila," I frowned.

"Shut up. He's head over heels for you. Trust me, Calum's not this nice to girls. Has he tried anything on you?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows at me.

"Oh no! Of course not. We just hang out," I told her, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"He likes you! He totally likes you. Holy," Kelsey smiled.

I wasn't quite sure how that explained the fact that he liked me. But hey, I'll take it.

_____________________

mhhhhm i don't have anything to say!!

do you like the story so far guise?

& dw kelsey is a gud friend

- yo girl nit