[7]

P E R S O N

chapter eight || luke's got a girlfriend.

laila's pov:

"Are you going to drink it?" Calum asked, referring to my strawberry smoothie.

I nodded and swiftly picked it up before he could steal it. I took a few sips and Calum snatched it away as soon as I put it back on the table. Luckily he didn't drink it all.

"I've got a football match today," He announced. He was wearing his track suit and so were the other team members.

"We know Calum," Luke eye rolled. Natalie giggled and Luke quickly pecked her forehead. They never kept their lips to themselves.

"Please don't tell me you guys are dating. Was that the big news Luke?" Calum groaned.

"Yeah. We are dating. Nat and I," He stated proudly, wrapping his arms around her small body frame.

Calum groaned in disgust, "I can't hang out with you guys anymore. You're going to be eating each other's faces off."

"At least Luke can get some. Unlike you," Natalie teased, kissing the blonde haired boy quickly.

Luke blushed and a wide smile spreads across his face. They seemed genuinely happy together, so why should anyone ruin it for them?

"That's what you think Natalie," He replied, rolling his chocolate eyes at her.

"Wouldn't it be funny if you and Laila started dating? We could like double date all the time," Luke joked.

I felt my cheeks heat up. I mean dating Calum wouldn't be so bad. We'd still talk and hang out the same except if we're dating we can kiss, and other things.

"You're hilarious Luke. I'm dying of laughter. I don't date," Calum told him.

He glanced over at me and I think he noticed how disappointed I was because he snaked his arm around me, pulling me in tight.

"You wanna get out of here? Like ditch or something," Calum whispered to me.

"I've got history class," I muttered, tucking a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear.

"Do you want to sit and learn about old men claiming land, or go explore?" He asked gently.

I gave in. Luke invited Calum and I to the movies tomorrow night. I didn't even get to answer because Calum hauled me off and told them that we would think about it. I wanted to go.

_____________________

"Are you okay? We're not too far," Calum yelled as he walked a little too fast in front of me.

I tried my best to keep up but I didn't want to trip on the branches. Calum eventually slowed down. He had a huge grin on his face. He walked towards me and grabbed me.

He turned around and demanded that I jump. I guess he was giving me a piggy back. I hopped on and I couldn't help but giggle. I felt like a little girl. Calum was pretty strong.

"You're so light Laila," Calum laughed. He began walking through the thick trees, and somehow managed to walk even faster.

"You're far too kind," I teased, wrapping my arms around his neck to secure myself.

"I'm serious. Laila, you're perfect," He sighed, taking a sharp turn.

"Calum complimented me twice already? I think our friendship is getting somewhere," I gasped, causing him to chuckle.

He stopped at a ravine and set me down. He hoovered over me. I was so short, and he was so tall. It made me feel so little whenever he looked down at me.

"This is it," Calum said proudly, a smug grin plastered on his face.

"You made me ditch school to look at a ravine?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"It's not just any ravine. It's special to me. You're officially the first one to be here," he announced, swinging his arm over my shoulder.

"I'm so honoured! Why is it special?" I questioned.

"You should be," he teased, "I don't know. Me and my dad used to go here before he moved to London. I had great times here."

"Your dad's in London?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Yeah. He got re-married. I've got a younger brother down there. I haven't talked to him in ages," he said throwing a small pebble in the water.

"Why don't you talk to him?" I questioned. I sat against a tree, but instantly regretted it. Dirt was all over my bum now.

"It's complicated," Calum shrugged. I don't think he noticed me dusting myself off.

Never mind. I spoke too soon. He turned around and instantly started laughing. He walked towards me, "Do you need help?"

He couldn't stop laughing which caused me to blush like crazy.

"It's okay," I told him. It would be kind of awkward if he had to rub my butt several times to get the dirt off.

"I basically just asked to touch your butt. I'm sorry," Calum laughed, fixing the beanie on his head.

"Apology accepted," I glared at him. I got the rest of the dirt off and Calum was already walking.

"You can't blame me! Your butt is nice. Do you squat?" Calum asked, cocking his head to the side. He had a dangerous smirk on his face.

"Shut up!" I playfully smacked him. He rolled his eyes but couldn't hold back his smile.

He laughed, "Don't worry love I won't judge you. Luke and I squat every Sunday morning."

I laughed. I wasn't sure he was joking though.

Before I knew it Calum was slowly walking away into the trees. I followed behind him, and he quickly turned around, grabbing my hand.

He lead us back out into the busy streets of Sydney. His grip tightened whenever we walked past a group of boys around our age.

He said a few things here and there, but he regularly kissed my head and temple now. I guess it was his thing. I didn't question it, because honestly, I liked it. I liked being near him, and I liked him touching me.

"I can't believe Natalie is dating Luke," I laughed, breaking the silence. We were half way to the car now.

"I know. Watch, Luke will be so busy with her he'll forget about me," Calum frowned, "I know it sounds selfish, but everyone forgets about me."

"That's not true! You and Luke are great friends. Sure he'll be busy with her, but you guys will still be close," I reassured him.

"You talk too much. Thank you though," Calum said bitterly, unlocking his car door.

I sat in the passenger side, and Calum quickly sat down starting the car. He turned the radio on and Iggy started playing. Calum started making gagging noises and turned it off. I started giggling and Calum smirked.

"I was thinking, we could go to a movie this weekend? I want to check on Natalie and Luke," Calum suggested, running his hands through his hair.

"To spy on them?"

He nodded, "Exactly."

___________

nothing much to say
just I love you guys all sososo much