Chapter 3

THE days passes by and it was time to meet the shaman as he promised. Fourth was so ready to see him again and ask questions he's been wanting to ask. Fortunately, it was Saturday and he was free from any activity. Well, he had one at first...but it was with Satang so... He just cancelled it.

Without him knowing, his bestfriend was following him from behind. Just like a private investigator who had to spy on someone who was cheating on his wife.

He wanted to know where Fourth is heading and who was the shaman. He wanted to smack him right on his face for scamming his innocent friend. He carefully followed Fourth and finally arrived at the place.

There was a man who was bald with a black shirt under a big tree. He tried to listen but he failed big time. He was quite far from them. He decided to moved closer without Fourth knowing.

Fourth was too excited when he saw the shaman. Two days waiting was like a year to him. The shaman better answer all his questions. He got seated, faced the shaman.

"Can I ask you questions today?" He asked. The shaman nodded.

"Wait!" The shaman stopped Fourth when he was about to open his mouth to ask. Fourth frowned.

"Is that your friend?" The shaman asked while pointed his finger to one direction. Fourth turned around and saw Satang who was hiding behind bushes.

Fourth got up and walked towards his friend. He scolded him, "What are you doing here?! Are you spying on me?"

Satang cleared his throat and acted like nothing happened. He got out of the bushes and got rid the dried leaves on his shirt. Acted all cool and macho.

"Who said that I'm spying on you?"

"So what is this??"

"I'm a nature person, fot. I loves trees and bushes. I was just enjoying the nature in my own way."

Fourth snorted, you're a damn liar!

"Do you think I'm stupid?" Fourth asked. Satang nodded.

They were about to get into a big debate when the shaman called out loud, "COME HERE."

Fourth promised to scold his friend when they're back home. He still had an important thing to do with the shaman first. Satang slowly followed from the back and stopped walking when the both of them already in front of the shaman.

"I'm Shaman Bom. Just call me khun Bom." The shaman introduced himself to the boys.

"I am Nattawat, Fourth Nattawat. And this is my friend, Satang." Fourth introduced the two of them to him.

The shaman nodded.

"Your friend must thought that I'm a scammer, isn't he."

[ SILENCE ]

Fourth and Satang automatically looked at each other. That was.... Impressive!

The shaman was locking his eyes on Satang. Satang gone speechless, he stunned and froze. Is he trying to cast a spell on me?

"Do you believe in soulmate?" He asked Satang.

Slowly, Satang shook his head.

"Why?" The shaman asked again.

"I think it's superstitious and I don't believe in these things." Satang was being honest. The shaman smiled. He respected his opinion.

"Let the time tells you." The shaman finally said. Satang's eyebrows puckered.

Then the focus was changed to Fourth again. He knew Fourth was so eager to know about his other half who was still lost at the moment. He gave something to Fourth and told him to be strong.