Chapter 10

Omg, chapter 10! I'm actually so proud of this story, it's so much better than I thought it would be.

Tysm for over 150 reads, that's 149 more reads then I thought this book would get.

⚠️I don't own Hunger Games or Percy Jackson.⚠️

On to the story

~•~•~•~
The Fire
~•~•~•~

Percy's pov

Me and Clove woke up in the middle of the night to see the faces of the dead tributes in the sky. Marvel, Glimmer, Prim and the boy from 3. He must have been killed while we were gone.

"Why don't we get up and try to hunt a little because I don't think I'm going to fall back asleep." I told Clove

"Sure"

Clove climbed out of my arms and grabbed her backpack and knives then climbed down the tree. I grabbed the sleeping bag and put it back in my bag and slung the backpack over my shoulder. I then picked up Riptide and climbed down after Clove.

We hunted for a while and managed to get a bird and two rabbits. We started cooking them over a small fire making sure there were no people around us.

I heard the leaves rustle behind me and me and Clove whipped around to see what was there. I saw a small foot poking out from behind the tree and recognized the person.

"Rue?" I asked in the direction of the tree. "Don't worry I won't hurt you." I added.

She slowly came out from the safety of the trees and walked over to us.

"Would you like to join us?" I asked her. She nodded and walked over to us. " during training Prim and rue became friends and so I offered that during the games we could be Allies and I would protect her throughout the games." I told Clove, she nodded and offered rue some rabbit meat and water from her water bottle.

Time skip to a couple hours later

Clove's pov

Rue was so sweet, we chatted while we were hunting and I told her about me and Percy liking each other. She was so happy that he finally admitted who he liked. I could tell why Percy was so fond of her, she was so similar to Prim.

Percy caught up to us and we all started walking together just enjoying the peace and quiet of the forest. It seemed weird that the capital was letting us all relax for so long. But I was pulled out of my thoughts when I noticed wildfire appeared out of nowhere and our peace was cut short. Percy and Rue noticed it too and we all turned around and ran.

The fire started to catch on the trees and bushes and the smoke grew. It got thicker and thicker and it became hard to breathe. I started coughing and Percy grabbed my hand pulling me over to him. He shielded me from the fire with his body. Just then a fire ball flew past us right where I was only moments ago.

More and more fireballs flew past us and rue who was running right next to us looked like she was about to pass out. I turned to look back quickly and saw a fireball flying towards rue from behind. I screamed her name but it was too late, It hit her leg and she screamed in pain.

"Go ahead Clove, the water lake is just ahead that way." Percy yelled at me. He then turned around and ran back to rue who was crouched on the ground. I looked back for a second longer but then turned and ran out into the open area in the middle of the arena towards the huge lake near the Cornucopia.

Percy's pov

I picked rue up in my strong arms and turned to run. But a fireball hit me in the middle of the back and I screamed in pain. But I had to get out of here. I held on to rue tightly and ran out of the forest towards the lake. I saw someone else stumbled out of the forest near me but I kept running. I urged myself to go faster but my back hurt so badly.