Chapter 16

Percy's pov

For some reason, the first day in the capital had to end in a huge party to celebrate our victory.

Everyone was staring at us as we walked in.

"I suggest you guys try to make small talk with people, don't say anything wrong though, remember the note cards with sentence starters," Effie said before walking off.

"Do you want to start with food?" I asked Clove grinning.

She just laughed at me and grabbed my hand, pulling me to the area.

We each put small portions of the food on our plates carefully so that we could try everything.

"Uggh I'm so full," I groaned.

"Try this," a capital person handed me a glass of some liquid.

"What is it?"

"It makes you sick so you can eat more!" He handed it to me before laughing and walking away.

"I can't believe this. People are staving back in 12, and people here are throwing up so they can eat more." I was disgusted.

"It's unbelievable," Clove said.

"Hello, Percy, Clove. I'm Plutarch Heavensbee. The new lead game maker. I thought what you did with the flowers and Rue was simply amazing. That's what I want all the games to be like, a beautiful show of emotions. And the Nightlock, what a show of love."

That's it. People in the capital are crazy.

"I want all the hunger games to be a puzzle, a beautiful art piece. Like your pin, Percy Jackson, the mockingjay." The mockingjay? Since when did people start calling me that?

Plutarch rifles through his pocket before pulling out a pocket watch. It had a gold mockingjay on it.

"Like my pocket watch, the mockingjay in the games, the mockingjay in a puzzle, the mockingjay in a clock, have a good night, Percy," Plutarch said

"You too, Plutarch," I spoke for the first time in a while.

The mockingjay in a clock.

Xoxo. ChocolateLover