Chapter 19

I'm at my 40 votes goal! And I have 1.7k reads!!!!!!

Thank you guys so much!

                ~ Training Time ~

The pitch black horses galloped out, pulling my chariot with them. The crowd screamed my name, and many roses were thrown at me.

I looked straight forward but let a small smirk appear on my face. I wanted people to see how mad I was with being back here, but i didn't want to appear too different from my normal personality.

I prepared myself before pressing the small button in my pocket. I felt a wave of warmth spread throughout my body as flames danced across my tight bodysuit.

The red stood out against all the black surrounding me. The cameras all cut to me, and every screen showed my appearance.

I saw Caesar Flickerman on one of the screens. He complemented my outfit while saying I was his favorite tribute. Claudius Templesmith agreed before going on to talk about me possibly winning the games again.

My chariot pulled up last to the end of the road, right in front of President Snow. He looked as delighted as every year. Delighted to slaughter 23 kids for his and all his citizens' entertainment.

But this time, it wasn't kids, although Clove and I were basically still kids. Everyone else were adults, people who had already been through this. Trained killers.

Everyone was equally skilled. Last year, I had an advantage of being big and strong. I was very skinny, but I built up I decent amount of muscle. I was also very good with a sword. This year, everyone has an advantage that got them through their games.

I focused back in as president Snow walked up to the edge of the balcony. There was a microphone like always, where he would say his quick speech, and then everyone would cheer like crazy because they have to pretend to like him.

"Welcome tributes, we welcome you. We honor and salute your bravery and sacrifice. And we wish you, happy hunger games. And my the odds be ever in your favor." President Snow said.

The cameras left my picture and zoomed in on his face. You could practically see the excitement sparkling in his eyes.

Everyone clapped and cheered, and many more roses were thrown, although this time they were all white and they were thrown towards President Snow.

White roses had easily become my least favorite flower.

The horses walked along leading us into the building we would be training in.

~•~•~•~

Dragging myself out of bed this morning was hard. I would have to go train with all the people out to kill me.

As I walked out, I took a seat at the table with effie and Haymitch.

"Why don't you eat something dear. You have a lot of training ahead of you." Effie said gently.

"I'm not hungry." I told her.

"At least eat an apple." Effie said. I wanted to argue, but she was right, I should probably eat something. I picked up an apple and started eating.

"Everyone in these games already knows your strengths and weaknesses, so there is no point in hiding it during training. I suggest you work on your sword fighting to make sure you still remember everything, but also try some new stuff. Maybe work on your bow or spear skills. " Haymitch suggested. "And remember, make Allies not enemies."

I was already good with every weapon since dad had trained me in all of them, but I was especially good with a sword and a trident. Nobody knew about my trident wielding skills, but dad was amazing with one, and he wanted me to be just as good as him.

"Sure." I said simply.

After finishing eating, effie rushed me down to training, wanting me to take advantage of every minute I could.

When I walked into the training room, I looked around. It was almost exactly the same. I walked over to the sword fighting area and picked a conveniently place sword off the rack.

Riptide fell effortlessly into a good position in my hands. Dad always rigged it , so Riptide was in the games and training for me. And it would always be right in front of me so I could always get to it.

There were a few people already by the fighting dummies slashing and tearing at them with their weapons of choice. Make Allies not enemies.

I walked over to a place next to another tribute, Finnick Odair. He was practicing with a trident. I roughly stabbed the dummy next to him with my sword. He looked up and smirked at me.

"You know, people say I'm the new and improved Finnick." I said with a laugh.

"I've heard." He replied in the same tone. "I think I need to step up my game, how can I compete with those abs?" Finnick joked.

"Yeah, all the ladies love me." I laughed back.

"I think we're going to get along great." Finnick grinned.

"You wanna be Allies?" I asked

"Definitely, I didn't want to be with the careers this year anyway." He said.

~•~•~•~

Xoxo. ChocolateLover