~ 14 ~

I woke up long before Spencer had. He had needed his rest, so I didn't push it. Susannah and Laurel made breakfast, having all too much fun doing so.

"How is he?" Susannah asked about Spencer.

"I think he'll be okay," I said. "Did my mom tell you what all happened?"

"Yes, we're just glad that you both could come here," Laurel said.

"He really needed some space to breathe I think," I said.

Down the stairs walked Jere. I don't think he had known I was here until now, by the look on his face. He made his way to me, sitting beside me.

"Things went not so great last night with Spencer telling his mom," I explained. "So my mom asked if we could stay here last night..."

"So...?" He questioned.

"Spencer and I aren't together anymore, no charades," I said.

He hugged me, twirling me around in the air.

"Jere!" I shouted through laughter.

He set me down and I look up at him. I wanted to have this moment with him... Spencer came walking in sorrowful as ever, he probably didn't want to go home. And suddenly it also made me feel guilty.

"Can we just wait a day or so before we're... I'm sorry, I just want things handled with Spencer," I whispered.

"Yeah, yeah... No, I get it," he said, seemingly not as happy.

He left off for work, and Spencer and I ate breakfast.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," he sighed.

Susannah and Laurel waved us off as we went back home. We came in to find the moms sitting in the kitchen. My mom stood up and gently grabbed my arm, pulling me away from them.

"Why don't we go check on things for your charity event?" She asked.

We headed off to our favourite little cafe off the beach. We used to come here all the time. We sat down and got the full tea experience like we used to.

"So... Tell me about Jeremiah Fisher," she pried.

I smiled, "He was really happy this morning when he heard Spencer and I weren't together. He spun me around in the kitchen and everything. He's just... amazing. He's been there for me whenever I was stressed and made sure that I always knew he was there. He just, he sees me."

She sipped on her tea, "Sounds like a Fisher-L/n dinner is happening soon."

We both laughed. Mom grasped my hand.

"I'm happy for you, sweetie. I'm sure dad is too," she said with a smile.

"I'm sure dad would've questioned him like a murder suspect even though he's known Jere his whole life," I joked.

"That's true," mom laughed.

I was glad she was so happy and on board with Jere. I pulled out my phone at the moment to text him only to realize that we weren't anything really yet. I mean, we wanted to date, but we never used the words boyfriend or girlfriend. Would it even be okay to do things like dinner with our families when we weren't exclusive?

I found myself standing beside Spencer as we prepped for the volleyball tournament. As two well-standing families, we were able to get a lot of donations for the cancer foundation. We watched as teams one by one went. Belly and Taylor were good. Though they seemed to do even better when it was Conrad who swooped in to help after Belly got frustrated. Like, really good. Spencer and I went in for our round, and we narrowly got by. Though winning would raise more money, I mostly wanted to raise money from donors. I knew I wasn't the best volleyball player. My mom seemed to talk to Spencer before our match, hopefully encouragement. That encouragement didn't take us far, though, because Spencer went down and seemingly twisted his ankle. I rushed to his side.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"No, I think I twisted it," he said and looked around. "Jere! Sub in for me!"

Jere rushed over, and they traded shirts. Jere and I actually worked pretty well together. We both weren't the strongest players, but we were able to work together really well. Well enough for second place. When we received the trophy, I just jumped up and hugged Jere. He hugged me back, grabbing my thighs and pushing me up so I sat on his hips. We both laughed, but when I looked him in the eye... The way his eyes looked into mine. Everything else faded away. I wanted him so much at that moment. I leaned down, placed my hands against his jaw, and kissed him. He kissed me back, and I just felt like I was on cloud nine.

"WOOOO GO Y/N AND JERE!" Belly shouted.

"GET IT, GIRL!" Taylor shouted.

I pulled back, feeling a bit embarrassed. Jere simply grabbed my chin and pulled me back, though. The smiles on our faces were very apparent. We both pulled back this time and stared into each other's eyes for a moment.

"You should probably let me down now," I said.

He laughed and did so.

"Y/n! Are you coming?" Belly asked.

"Right, the deb yacht party..." I said.

"Go, though you owe me a celebratory dinner," he joked.

"Alright," I smiled.

I followed Belly and Taylor and we walked along the dock until we hit Nicole's yacht. We were all having a lot of fun as we drank and talked.