~ 20 ~

Conrad tried to shrug off what Jere had to say, which was not a good move.

"You already know, don't you?" Jere asked. "You've known this whole fucking time and didn't tell me?"

I held onto Jere, trying to keep him from swinging at Conrad.

"Jere, we wanted to-"

"We?? Who's this we?" Jere questioned.

Conrad's eyes swung to me... No... Jere looked over to me, shaking me off of his arm. I had never seen him look at me like that. I wanted to believe he was looking through me at someone else with how upset he was... I could feel a couple of tears break loose from my eyes.

"You knew?" he asked, his voice cracking.

"Jere I-"

"Jere don't blame her she-" Conrad spoke up.

He shouldn't have, because Jere swung at him. The two ended up on the floor fighting. 

"Jere!" I called.

Susannah quickly separated them. I was crying. A lot. I looked around... Mom... She wasn't in her seat where she had been. She probably heard talk of Susannah's cancer. Fuck me. The Conklins and Fishers left to go home and I searched for my mom. Who knew where she could have been. 

"Shayla, have you seen my mom?" I asked.

"No. I haven't. Are you okay? You're crying... Oh Y/n," Shayla said, about to pull me in for a hug.

I put my arm up, not accepting the hug, "I'm sorry, I can't. I have to find my mom."

I drove back home, hoping she got an uber... But the house was dark when I got there. I barged in the door and it was empty. The weirder part... Dad's ashes weren't on the mantle... I rushed next door, only to stand at the door for a few minutes, not wanting to knock... I had to though. It was mom. I knocked on the door and Laurel answered it.

"Y/n, come in. We're all in the dining room," she said.

I walked in with her and looked at Jere for a moment before looking at Susannah.

"Have you seen my mom?" I asked.

"She didn't go home?" Laurel asked.

"No, she's not there. She's not anywhere. Not the club. Not at home, not walking along the streets," I said, breaking down a bit.

Susannah stood up and made her way to me. She hugged me close.

"It's okay, we're going to find her," she said.

"She's not there... Dad's not there," I broke. 

He wasn't there. Even just sitting up on the shelf was enough. He was there. He watched it all. But he wasn't there.

"What do you mean your dad's not there? He hasn't been here all summer," Steven said.

I could hear someone slap him. Laurel pulled us out of the hug.

"What do you mean he's not there?" Laurel asked.

"He's not there. He's not on the mantle," I explained roughly through choppy breaths. "She's been having issues all summer. She could be anywhere on anything! She could be hurt or doing something stupid!"

I saw that Jere had stuck his head up from his plate when my dad was mentioned. He looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"Okay, we'll call her cell, we'll call the police station. Someone has to know where she is," Susannah said.

"Susannah... She's..." Laurel said, seemingly figuring it out. 

They both stared at each other for a moment.

"Okay. Stay here. We'll go get her. She'll be home in no time," Susannah said.

"Wait no! You can't just-" I started.

I felt a hand on my arm holding me back. I looked back to see the hand was Jeremiah's.

"Go, we'll be okay here," Conrad said.

The two rushed out the door. I looked back at Jeremiah like he was crazy.

"She's gone! I have to get her back! She could be halfway into the ocean by now! If she's drunk she may think she can breathe underwater!" I yelled.

"Y/n," Jere said calmly.

"You could get yourself hurt or worse if you don't let someone else handle it," Conrad said.

"Is anybody else confused?" Steven questioned.

"My dad is dead Steven!" I yelled. "And my mom is out there right now probably black-out drunk!"

Jere gripped onto me, making me look him in the eye. He breathed slowly, trying to get me to match him.

"I can't do this! I can't be here! Not when I feel guilty and not when I'm this much of a mess!" I said, running out.

I ran inside my house and sat next to the door. I was going to wait for her. 

"Y/n! Hey! It's me!" Belly called from outside. "I'm not a Fisher!"

I stayed quiet.

"Your mom will worry if your sat there in your deb dress and sleepless. Come on, let me in," she called.

I sighed and got up, opening the door for her. "It was unlocked."

"Oh. Well. Okay. Come on, let's get you a shower going and you can brush off this terrible day," Belly said.

She brought me to the showers. It felt nice. I'll give her that. But I couldn't handle not having family here. This was our home. I found myself back downstairs, this time with Belly sat beside me.

"Belly, please leave. My mom will be embarrassed if you're here," I said.

"But-"

"Please. I'll talk to you tomorrow," I said.

Belly sighed, "Fine. But I'm just next door."

"I know. Hey... Can you tell Shayla everything's being worked out? She's probably worried."

"I'll call her as soon as I'm home," she smiled as she left.

She left and it was quiet. It had been a while since it'd been this way. The quiet lulled me to sleep though, right in the foyer.