Part 5

Mama stayed out late, I could hear her stumble inside giggling quietly, paired with another faint voice

I rose out of bed, creeping downstairs.

Looking over the bleached, cracked walls I saw mama kiss a woman with bouncy curls, and honeyed skin.

They had one another held tightly as mama said with a grin that showed off all her pearly whites,

"We have to be quiet, my daughter is sleeping"

• • •

Mikey stumbled on the dirt surface as he lunged for the last base, the muscles in his back tightened and his quads flexing.

I sat by the nearest hidden bleachers on a thin blanket that lay on the prickly grass.

Once everyone stood and began cheering I swiftly patted off some grass from the skirt I wore.

Once up, I clapped, happily bouncing up and down.

His eye's met mine and held them even as his teammates rushed to bombard him with forceful pats on the back, and aggressive shoulder bumps.

The crowd died down as families began to disperse and make their way to their cars.

Mikey stood by the end of the field waiting for his teammates to depart as I cloaked myself within the darkness of the bleachers.

I felt someone burning a hole through the side of my face only to find that it was one of his friend's, the brunette one.

I ignored him even as his eyes filled with recognizable hatred.

I then got a glimpse of blonde hair through the cracks of the bleachers as she made her way towards Mikey.

She held a cherry, red rose in her hand, shyly handing it over.

He speedily took it in his palms sending a pang through my chest.

Their conversation was haste.

Relief rushed through me as she left and Mikey approached, "I didn't bring you anything" I said as he cradled my face with both sturdy hands.

He chuckled as one of his hands dropped and held the rose to my chest, "Take it, all I need right now is you"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and yelped in surprise as he gracefully lifted me through the air, setting me so, so, so carefully on the blanket beneath our feet.

"You don't have to treat me like a fragile object, I'm fine" I huffed, but all he did was smile sweetly.

"I just don't want to hurt you" He laid air soft kisses along my neck and collarbone, "Is this okay?"

I gave him a fleet nod, and that's all he needed before he undressed me leaving it all before his magnificent eyes to see.

"Your so f-cking pretty"

The tips of his ears blushed as I tucked a strand of hair behind, "You are to"

He laughed quietly, then pressed a heated kiss against my lips.

The wind was cold and trees rustled as Mother Nature spread the pleasing smell of moments before rain.

Breaking the kiss abruptly, I glanced around us  feeling a chill run down my spine as a heavy feeling in my heart gave me the indication that we were being watched.

• • •