Part 14

I had my feet kicked up on the dashboard of Mikey's Chevy, the radio playing quietly in the background

My hand was dancing with the wind outside of the window when I asked Mikey, "Are we going to own a house?"

His right hand gripped my thigh leaving deep imprints, "Of Course, I plan to work on cars out there" He grinned, devilish.

Mikey's hair had gone days without being brushed and he still managed to look handsome.

I wanted to kiss the shadow lining his sharp jaw, and caress his tense, wide shoulders.

"Have you ever been? To New York I mean?"

"A couple of times" He replied, voice husky and tired.

Mikey chewed on a thin, wooden pick that I gracefully picked and placed in my own mouth causing him to grin.

Not soon later he pulled into a deserted gas station.

"I'll be quick" He pecked my cheek, slamming the Chevy door shut and jogging inside the dark building in broad daylight.

I took my legs off the dashboard causing the short, silk like dress I packed to ride up and over my thighs.

The gas station had no lights shining from inside eerily so.

I felt a sigh of relief release from my lips as a big figure walked through those unwelcoming doors.

Mikey traveled to the trunk of the car removing his gas, stained white shirt and replacing it with a new, clean one.

He then opened the gas tank to refuel.

I felt something hit my lap and grinned at the familiar candy, "I use to eat these all the time when I was a kid" I fingered the edge of the bag.

"Me too, until my mom said that all my teeth would fall out if I kept eating them"

I chuckled, my mind abruptly steering back to the note I left.

Did she find it? Is she upset? Should I go back-

I felt a kiss on my cheek, "Not to long now baby"

Mikey then pulled out and back onto the long road.

• • •