Till Death Let's Be Fated

Summary: Where they visit the Hie Shrine on their trip to Tokyo. A famous place among couples known for it's Enmusubi/love knots.

Word count: 800

Canon divergent

_________________________

Walking hand in hand beneath the huge, black-columned gate, Taeyong tightens his hold in his boyfriend's hand. They were only visiting Tokyo for a fan meeting and other PR events, but he would be damned if they didn't make several leisure stops while they were there.

He had the whole thing planned. First, they'd go to Ginza to check out the chrome hearts store they both have come to love. It became their couple item, from shared bracelets to subtle rings.

This time, he wanted them to purchase more suitable rings that weren't similar but still held the sentimental meaning behind them. Ones they could wear without being too obvious but still boast their love publicly.

He leads jaehyun up the narrow stairway and to the awaiting shrines. As soon as they're at the bottom of the red columned torii gates, one thousand stairs are guiding their path, and he stares up to the final step.

Jaehyun was just about to take the first step when his hand is yanked and brings him to a hault.

"Hm?" He questions, turning to Taeyong. "Let's... take some pics first, Jaehyunnie" he scoops his phone from his back pocket and hands it to the younger male, who, without hesitation, takes it and gets the camera ready. It's like muscle memory by now. Everywhere they go, his boyfriend wants to commemorate it with a photo. They may not be pictured together, but this is as close they'd get to sharing their relationship in the open. He had no complaints, but sometimes the urge to overshare itched his fingers each time they selected what pictures of their dates they'd post.

Taeyong was already seated on the first step, elbows propped on his knees and face resting between his palms. He was adorable, and not just because he wore a cute bear hat, but everything about him had the younger in awe. In full adoration of the fact he got to call this man his forever.

After snapping a few more pics, they started on their journey up the stairway. Taeyong recorded a portion of himself heading up the stairs before he grabbed hold of his boyfriend's hand in his once more.

Once they made it to the top, passing the subordinate shrine, they found the entrance to the main shrine. Following the customary practice, they bowed and gave monetary offerings before they both kneeled and bowed twice then double-clapped their hands together and bowed again, this time with their foreheads touching the floor while they said a small prayer along the lines of good health and preservation of their love.

They both rose to their full heights and jaehyun feels that familiar swell in his heart, followed by a flutter. It was amazing how, after all these years, he still felt this way whenever he looked at his hyung.

His eyes begin to give that telltale glow before taeyong is turning to him with a questionable look on his face. "What is it, Jaehyunnie?" And jaehyun swallows, feeling a dry lump in his throat as he contemplates.

He knows they always joke about the future. On how they'd migrate to LA when the time is right and live quietly together. Maybe get married and have a few kids when they were ready but he wanted to speak his mind. To seal the deal and show he was serious and in this for the long run.

"My fate Taeyongie hyung," he starts, taking another nervous swallow as he wiped his sweaty palms against his jeans. "I think that from trainee days until now we have never been apart before, this is as good as fate, right?" And Taeyong’s eyes become pearlescent, reflecting what little lighting around the venue they had shining around them.

"We’re already fated, so until death let’s be fated hyung." he finishes his famous line with his hyungs hands in his, thumbs rubbing circles in his skin comfortingly as he takes a glance down at the bulky chrome hearts ring on Taeyong’s ring finger.

Taeyong smiles widely and pulls jaehyun into his arms and hugs him tightly. He nods wordlessly, feeling overwhelmed by the emotions before he finally vocalizes, "Of course, jae!" Jaehyun begins rubbing circular patterns into his upper back with the brightest smile on his face.

When they get to their hotel before getting ready to go to the airport and back to South Korea, his hands do another itch. And this time, he gives in posting some of the photos they took together earlier that day and even a picture of them together, overlaying another pic with Taeyong’s hand on his thigh a size smaller over it.

He knew the managers would have words to say about it later, but he'd just wait for later to come.

_________________________

Thanks for reading! This was a Twitter drabble i made a few months back but never felt like updating. I'll be posting some more fics shortly and completing my unfinished ones.