Off the Record

Summary: Taeyong and Jaehyun spend a much needed time together after they've successfully finished the promotions of their "kick it" comeback. Basically jaeyong pretending not to be close on camera but being themselves in their own space. Song rec: H.E.R - Comfortable. Listen while reading the middle.

Warning: mature content!!!

Word count: 5961
______________________________

The idol groups stood in silence as they anticipated the announcement of this weeks winner on Music Bank. The members of NCT 127 stood at the front, being nominated once more as possible winning candidates for their 'Kick It' performance.

The host glanced at the placard and drew a breath, allowing a dreaded moment of silence, for added suspense. "And the award goes to....NCT 127! Congratulations!" The announcer declared, then handed the trophy to Taeyong and bouquets of flowers to Doyoung and Mark, who stood nearest to Taeyong.

"Assa!" Doyoung exclaimed, grinning brightly as his fist punched the air in excitement.

The boys stood dumfounded, clapping their hands, as the confetti floated around them. Yuta was astonished when their name had been called, but quickly smiled afterwards.

The announcement came as a surprise to them. It was their last performance and final day of promoting their second album. They had not considered winning today, especially when they saw who their opponents were. However, they did it and were elated. All of their hard work had at last paid off.

Taeyong held the microphone to his mouth, "Let's introduce ourselves first...1,2,3.." he began. "To the world, this is NCT. Hello, we're NCT 127!" he greeted with the members in unison then began expressing words of gratitude to the staff and producers and members for their diligence before handing over the rest of the speech to Doyoung.

After they did their celebratory dance on stage, they immediately went backstage to their dressing room to turn on the V app to thank their fans.

During the whole broadcast, Jaehyun couldn't wipe the smile off of his face and became a bit too giggly when it came time to be serious. Taeyong petted his knee in silent warning that he should calm down.

Although he too was excited, they were still being monitored by their managers and other staff and so, had to remain professional at such an important time.

"Okay, good work guys. You have the weekend to relax, then we have to start recording for the repackage album." Their manager said, as soon as the broadcast was over. The boys all exclaimed in excitement. Haechan started wailing as he clung to Johnny, crying out in fits of joy.

They bowed to the staff, thanking them for their good work and grabbed all of their belongings and headed out to their vans.

Taeyong stood by the door of the first caravan directing Taeil, Mark, and Haechan to head home first. Then Jungwoo, Doyoung and Yuta got into the second one, leaving him, Johnny and Jaehyun to ride the last one with their manager, heading back to their dorm.

Taeyong sat beside Jaehyun in the back of the van, he glanced over to the younger male who stared back at him with a dimpled smile. He was surely in a good mood because of the results today.

The usual stern face he would display during broadcasts, the cool and dominant act, was long gone. This was the Jaehyun he knew and loved, the one he enjoyed the most and rarely saw outside of their dorms. Jovial and youthful, with a smile that could heal the entire Republic of Korea.