Let's Get Physical

Summary: Taeyong, dragged against his will to the gym by his best friend Donghyuck, meets what he believes is the guy of his dreams. There's just one catch, the guy is denser than a pack of erasers.

Prompt: Taeyong can’t stop ogling at his new personal trainer.

Word count: 8883

Music recommendations:
Tove Lo - Cool Girl
Tove Lo - No one dies from love

Mature content warning

_________________________

"Come on, it’ll be fun!" Donghyuck chirped, his pleading hands resting on Taeyong’s thigh. Taeyong ignored his friend and fished in the bag of Lays Sour Cream and Onion on his lap, popping another chip into his mouth, as his eyes kept fixed to the show on the T.V. screen.  

"Please, Yong!"  Donghyuck rose from his seat to block Taeyong’s view of the television. He darted his head around to see what was on the screen. "Hey! Get out of the way!" he yelled, angry lines forming in his face.  

"No! I'm not moving until you agree to go to the gym with me." He stated, arms folded, as the audio of the latest episode of Single’s Inferno played behind him.  

"Didn’t you say that you wanted to work out your ass and hips?" Donghyuck probed, hoping to hit a soft spot and get his roommate to finally cave in. He knew Taeyong was a bit insecure about his butt and wished to sculpt it into shape. But Taeyong was no fool; he knew this guise of concern only meant one thing. There just had to be an ulterior motive for Donghyuck wanting to go to the gym suddenly. And if their years of friendship were anything to go by, his number one guess would be that it involved a man.  

"My ass and hips, huh?" Taeyong questioned with a raised eyebrow. "Who is it? Hmm Hyuckie? Who’s the guy?"  

Donghyuck gnawed on his lower lip, his eyes avoiding direct contact with the older of the two. When he made the mistake of glimpsing straight ahead, he found Taeyong’s narrowed gaze on him piercing daggers into his soul, and he cracked.   

"Fine!"  He croaked, rushing to Taeyong’s side on the couch once more.  "His name is Mark, and he’s so adorable. He invited me to his friend's gym to work out with him after I kind of exaggerated and told him that I love exercising," he finished in pressed speech, his words sounding like gibberish to an untrained Hyuck rambling ear.  

"Ugh, I knew it! And what, do you want me there as your buffer? You know I hate working out Hyuck!" Taeyong groaned, rolling up the bag of chips in his lap as his appetite was lost.   

Donghyuck batted his lashes, linking his arm around the older boys’. “Please, Yong! I’ll owe you next time.” And Taeyong released an exasperated sigh, his palms scrubbing over his face before he stared dead in the youngers face. “You owe me big time for this, Hyuck.” He stated, to which Donghyuck bounced in his seat with glee.   

The next morning, Taeyong was woken to the shrieking of his roommate and the unwelcomed morning sun. He shortly was joined by the boy in question, plopping his weight on the empty side of the bed beside him. By now he should’ve expected it because he knew just how much of an annoying banshee Donghyuck could be when he was excited.   

Taeyong released a throaty groan, voice far too gravely and dry and yanked the duvet over his head, clogging up his ears as if it would make the younger boy disappear. He wasn’t known to wake early and despite not glancing a single second at the digital clock on his nightstand, his biological clock told him this was some time before 10 o’clock in the morning and that was definitely too early for his liking.