Under the Same Sky

Summary: Continuation of the oneshot titled livsnjutare, where Taeyong moved back to Seoul and wanted to surprise Jaehyun at his graduation.

Song recs: Sun & Moon - NCT 127
Cure - Yoo youngjin ft Taeyong
0 Mile - NCT 127

Word count: 8407

______________________________

It was a clear and sunny morning - a beautiful day Taeyong would even say. He pedaled his way down the winding open road making his way to work. The speed at which his legs shuffled was fast enough to produce gale forced winds, making his long blonde locks flutter animatedly. Involuntarily, a bright smile quirked it's way on his lips, and he relished in the cool breeze brushing along his skin, under his shirt as it rippled through the wind. The exhilarating ride and the waft of sea salt made him feel at ease.

Passing all the usual stores and locals he'd come to know, he finally drew closer to the restaurant he worked at. When he arrived outside, he secured his bicycle before heading towards the entrance.

The familiar bell chimed, making his presence known as he barged through the front door. Taeyong went behind the counter to collect his fannypack and greeted the bartender and chef. Soon the day's work picked up and he began his day.

The restaurant was especially slow today and Taeyong appreciated these days every once in a while but he couldn't today. Of all days, today was the day he wished to be the busiest, to keep his mind from wandering.

"I can't believe it's your last day working here, Tae." His coworker, Bo-ah, said solemnly as she set the cutlery on the tables.

Taeyong flashed her an apologetic smile, while he grabbed drinks for the customers off the bar counter. "Yeah, I know. I can't believe this day has finally come." He sighed, turning around to take in details of the small diner. The nautical decor and wooden chairs and tables he's cleaned countless amounts of times. All the days he's worked here, during slow or busy hours. All the memories he's made with his coworkers - his friends - they all came rushing back to him.

He recalled when he ran off after graduating to avoid being trapped by his family and their expectations for his life. Like most parents, they wished he'd gotten into a nice college and landed a stable job or helped with their own business. Taeyong and his parent's couldn't see eye to eye on that, as he wanted to experience the world and enjoy his life. He chose instead to live for himself before he let anyone dictate how he should live. That's what he thought was best, but he had only been nineteen then.

At that time, he thought being away from all of the hustle and bustle of the city, and just living quietly and enjoying each moment to the fullest, things would stay the same. He didn't want to grow up and be riddled with endless problems adults face on a day to day basis. Now that he was an experienced twenty-two-years-old and had enjoyed his time here in Deokjeokdo, he discovered that it didn't erase his responsibilities. Or the fact that life was much more complicated than he wished to admit. It merely stalled his problems.

Not that there was anything wrong with the life he was living now, it was a dream come true and many would wish to be as free as he is. He simply felt insignificant in retrospection of where he was at this point in his life compared to other's his age. He felt slightly embarrassed at the fact he had yet to accomplish something and had nothing to his name. He knew that if he wanted to be respected as an adult he had to take life more seriously.