5. What Really Changed?

Chapter 5- What Really Changed?

*The songs is As We Lay by Shirley Murdock. Author's Note at the end*

*EXPLICIT LANGUAGE AND CONTENT!!!! THERE IS A SEX SCENE IN THIS CHAPTER!!! IT'S MARKED BY THE 🙈🙈🙈 EMOJI!! DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT!! ANYWAY ENJOY***

***THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO @ALWAYSLOVIN2003. THEY HELPED ME GET MY MOJO BACK!!! THANK YOU!!!*

Carmen's P.O.V.

The beach house was fun. I had so much fun. Just being a happy carefree black girl. I know that I probably won't be having fun like that again for a while because I start school soon. It feels so weird. It's been 3 months since I graduated. Like wow!!' In that 3 months Mark has seen barely 3 words to me. It's so rude. I didn't do anything to him, at least that I know of. Damon and I are just friends now. It was mutual, we both knew it was coming. We are going to be in different time zones for god sake. I will always love him though; he saved my life and didn't know it. I was stuck on Mark. He reminded me that I deserve to be loved the way I love. But anyways tomorrow I live for college. Onika and I are getting on that plane and we won't be back until Christmas. It's so scary yet so exciting.

Right now though Mark is downstairs and I'm in my room. My mom and sister had to go on a business trip. They'll be back tomorrow early in the morning bride my flight. I smell the pizza before I hear my phone buzz. It's s yet from Mark.

Mark: Pizza's here!! You can come get some if you want.

I don't respond I just put on pants and bounce downstairs. When I get to the kitchen Mark is already sitting at the table eating. He doesn't acknowledge me at all so I don't acknowledge him. I grab my slices and sit across from him in silence. I look up and see he's looking everywhere but me. I'm so pissed but I still can appreciate the way the shirt he's wearing stretches across his muscles and the way his eyes sparkle. Ugh!! I need to stop. By the time I stop admiring his physically goodness he was out the kitchen and gone. Watching some game. I finish my food and follow him; fed up with his silent treatment and wanting answers. I sit next to him on the couch and I clear my throat forcing him to look me in the eyes. Once I have his attention. I ask

"Did I do something wrong?!"

He looked confused and didn't answer for a while. So long, I was about to ask again when he replied "No, of course not! Why do you ask?!"

My mouth dropped at his response. I almost combusted. I was raging when I yelled

"BECAUSE NIGGA YOU HAVE BARELY SPOKEN 3 WORDS TO ME IN THREE FUCKING MONTHS THEN YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SIT THERE AND ACT AS IF NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!"

His face softens at my response and this surprises the hell out of me. He looks at me with those deep brown pools of perfection he calls eyes and softly says "I'm sorry."

So softly actually I barely hear him but I do. I don't even know what to do. What did I say to make him respond like so. But before I could completely analyze the situation. He continues with

"I've been acting weird because I want you. And I'm jealous. The fact that you were with Damon angered me and I didn't know what to do. That scared me, I shouldn't be jealous of your boyfriend when I'm engaged to your sister. I didn't trust myself around you and I didn't want anyone to why hurt so I distanced myself to remove the temptation. I'm truly sorry because in punishing myself I also punished you. I didn't think about how my distance would affect you and I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

He said all this in one big huff of breath. When he finished I couldn't think straight. All I kept hearing was jealous and wanted me. Mark wanted me. All this time and Mark fucking wanted me. Wow!!!! Like wow!!!! I can't believe it. He was jealous of Damon. He knew what I felt when I saw him with Alley. I can't believe it. While I was processing I didn't notice Mark staring at me.