Mixed Signals

JJ threw on a coat and her shoes then followed Emily down the hall. The two walked in silence both absorbed in their own thoughts.

     JJ thought about how much she cared for Emily. She had never meant to hurt her and in truth she knew that she had started the whole thing to begin with. She was glad she hadn't cheated on Will but that being said, she still blushed when she thought about Emily. It would be even more awkward since they were sharing the room again tonight and JJ knew she couldn't ask Emily to sleep on the couch again.

     Emily thought about JJ. How beautiful and kind she was. How her blonde hair would fall into her face and how Emily longed to tuck it behind her ear. She had gone over what had happened last night a million times. While she was sad it hadn't continued, she was happy she didn't have some drunk and messy hookup with JJ. If they were to ever be something, which she knew was probably far fetched, she wanted it to be based on something real. Not a drunk mistake.

     After breakfast they both head back to the room to catch up on rest. JJ wants to rent a rom com and Emily reluctantly agrees. They rent The Proposal starring Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. JJ of course falls asleep half way through it.

     She slumps against Emily and snores softly. Emily smiles down at her and appreciates how warm and beautiful she is. Finally when the movie finishes, Emily decides to put JJ into bed. She carries the blonde across the room and tucks her in the. She then heads back to the couch

     JJ, half awake, calls out to her. "Wait, no don't go Em. Please it's cold in here, come under the blankets..." her voice is sleepy and she trails off a bit at the end of her sentence.

     "Jayje go to bed, your just tired. I'll see you after your nap." Emily settles on the couch and picks up her book.

     A few minutes later she hears JJ call out again. "Please Em, I love you, you're my best friend. Just come snuggle in. It's cold in here." JJ holds the blankets up. Emily thinks about it for a second then climbs in under them.

     JJ wraps her arm around Emily and burrows her head in Emily's neck. Even in her tired state, JJ notes the smell of Emily's soap. It smells sweet and cool though JJ can't exactly put her finger on it.

     "I love you Em," JJ murmurs into her neck. She plants a small kiss there.

     "You're tired Jayje, go to sleep." Emily wraps her arms around the blonde and puts her head in her hair.

     A few minutes pass before JJ speaks again, barely a whisper, "You didn't say it back."

     "I love you JJ, now it's time to sleep." Emily whispers back and she's glad the blonde can't see her  blushing.